Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter Kane84       9      
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kane84

Contributor
i'm currently running the latest update on the ps4 and I keep coming across this usb jailbreak for it is it real or a fake ? if it's real where can I find the actual file without surveys and two will I lose any of my saved data if I don't back it up before jailbreaking it

Thanks in advance

Updating firmware will not delete anything but change your settings like your theme etc, any ps4 jailbreak out there is fake except 1.76 If there was real jailbreak out there right now every forum psxhax, ngu, etc will be on the discussion In seconds. As soon as It's confirmed working!

A PS4 on the latest Firmware will probably never be cracked. Look at the PS3 - just now people are actually going for the latest Firmware of it. And the PS3 has been officially cracked for many years now.

If you want to have a chance of enjoying a jailbreak - ever - you will have to either hope for a downgrader (which is a hardware option and will require you to have some knowledge of what you are doing, which you clearly don't have) or to get a second PS4 with a much lower Firmware. 4.05 would be a great start, since 1.76 is probably hard to find or mega expensive.

First, off @Nino Z your incorrect there are many exploits being worked on in the moment of 5.01 or what ever latest ps4 update there is but it takes time bruteforcing security you should know that. And ps3 was never attempted to be tampered after the geohot sueing cause people were too scared to bruteforce the keys since console, it so damn old now sony won't give two craps.

You mean exploits being searched for. That means literally nothing. I don't want to be negative about it, I am just being a realist. I would love to be proven wrong by a nice release for a late firmware.

Again - nothing would make me happier, than to be wrong here. But the truth is that we don't know what 5.01 does. It might be a patch for a kernel exploit, but it might also be nothing of the sort.

Personally, I don't take Qwertuyoruiop seriously anymore. His claims to have exploits have not been proven when it comes to the PS4. I hope I am wrong though - that would be awesome and I am not a sore loser.

Q if you are reading this - prove me wrong and make us all happy! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back