Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date May 30, 2019 at 12:59 AM       19      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today PlayStation 4 developer @zecoxao made available via Twitter a PS4 Jailbreak (Syscall 112) Installer Payload which he explains, "installs syscall 112 to your system so any of the apps that need root permissions can just call this syscall and get root."

It includes support for 4.74, 5.01 and 5.05 PS4 Firmware with 3.50, 3.55, 4.05 and 4.55 currently missing due to lack of SYSENTS offset according to him. :geek:

Download: ps4_jailbreak_installer.bin / ps4_jailbreak_installer.map / GIT

From his Tweets below, to quote: "It is mostly based code off of other great devs such as ChendoChap, Sistr0, CelesteBlue123 SocraticBliss to name a few. but the gist is that it's a minimal launcher for the installation of a jailbreak syscall. I did not want a lot of code just to do a simple thing I needed."

Looking for testers in versions below 5.05 (namely 5.01, 5.00, 4.74, 4.55 and 4.05) Launch any hen for those versions, launch ps4_jailbreak_installer.bin and then install this (below) ... and check if you have root access to the folders in mgba emu

Download: MULTIFWMGBA.pkg (6.9 MB - MD5: 52f0d6297adb32c198795819ef6070f3)

PS4 Jailbreak (Syscall 112) Installer Payload via Zecoxao.jpg

Comments

Gives apps unjail via (free) syscall 112. Means apps (like mGBA etc) no longer need to have unjail code within them, it's done via payload. I would wait for the official release of the HEN + 112 payload TBH.

@oneman123 they do for root access. Example: lapy's explorer required an unjail PRX, and mGBA required unjail code to access the file system, now these apps just call syscall(112); and bingo, no need for extraneous code for unjail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back