Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jan 28, 2016 at 10:00 PM       131      
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just a rumor making rounds on the net at this point, but h3ck34 has been tweeting recently that a PS4 jailbreak device called the USB Whistle will be coming on February 20th with a PS4 CFW arriving no later than a month later on March 20th.

Is it legitimate? According to Wololo: "There are growing rumors that a group affiliated with the Cobra team (a team popular for some of their PS3 hardware mods, and the same team that announced the – yet to be released – cobra blackfin for PS Vita) have been working on a PS4 Jailbreak usb dongle."

Download: BF_manual.rar / Blackfin-1.0.rar / ADI Blackfin GNU Toolchain / Blackfin Software / EVAL-ADICUP360
While it wouldn't surprise me if the Cobra PS3 scene profiteers started milking the PS4 scene dry instead of releasing open-source freeware, I'm not holding my breath on this rumor being true just yet.

Below are some related tweets, feel free to comment with your own thoughts on the USB Whistle rumor:

Spoiler

USB_Whistle.jpg

Comments

I just hope there is not as much fighting & bickering over the PS4 Jailbreak stuff like there was over the PS3 Jailbreak. It was a crazy deal! Some very bad things said about people. Personal attacks all over the place.

I'm sorry but I don't like seeing that no matter what. All over a console hack. Yes, there's money involved but feelings are as well. Let's hope this goes better than the PS3 crap did. Thanks! :eek:

I Really hope it doesn't turn out like it did with all of the Call of duty games on PS3 what a nightmare that would be.. and this is getting released in February or March now?? and it's pay to use? ffs.. people will figure out a way to reverse engineer it in no time flat. that's my guarantee to you guys.

once this works. it'll be reversed to be working for free. for everyone. on latest fw. i know it will. maybe in a few weeks afterwards of it's release. you just need the right person to pick up the Exploit Whistle at a shop.

EDIT: @sEKTOR Team Ze0s? is that a typo?

0x0c047fff9d19 I hope they will not use my method, then all my work to hell. using the inner code decoding, I still managed to run the game.

How can that usb whistle device be real when they post about a FreeBSD Kernel on XboxOne ? Thats complete bs.

edit: nvm - i guess they are speaking about ps4 and xbone in that tweet...

(40 C C C 56 78 HX 77 65 85 32 78 54 78 )

that above key is a fake.. has anyone tried actually tried to put it in HxD? It's not an an aes key.. so it's a FAKE! 15 bytes means aes so does 10; 10,15,16 For standard iv
here's a pic.
Screenshot_1.png

EDIT: the key always shows up on the right side. where the ascii should be. but that's the ascii. so why does it look like hex? :) [USERGROUP=8]@Developer[/USERGROUP] [USERGROUP=4]@Moderator[/USERGROUP]

BTW, they say the USB Whistle will be available from Amazon on Feb. 20th I believe as the date given. There's no way Amazon will sale this product. It's against their policies to sale items like this. So, that part of their talk is absolute fake for sure!

BTW, they say the USB Whistle will be available from Amazon on Feb. 20th I believe as the date given. There's no way Amazon will sale this product. It's against their policies to sale items like this. So, that part of their talk is absolute fake for sure!
I'm avoiding this topic be4 it starts me going so let's just leave it as is. I know what's bin said

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back