Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jan 28, 2016 at 10:00 PM       131      
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just a rumor making rounds on the net at this point, but h3ck34 has been tweeting recently that a PS4 jailbreak device called the USB Whistle will be coming on February 20th with a PS4 CFW arriving no later than a month later on March 20th.

Is it legitimate? According to Wololo: "There are growing rumors that a group affiliated with the Cobra team (a team popular for some of their PS3 hardware mods, and the same team that announced the – yet to be released – cobra blackfin for PS Vita) have been working on a PS4 Jailbreak usb dongle."

Download: BF_manual.rar / Blackfin-1.0.rar / ADI Blackfin GNU Toolchain / Blackfin Software / EVAL-ADICUP360
While it wouldn't surprise me if the Cobra PS3 scene profiteers started milking the PS4 scene dry instead of releasing open-source freeware, I'm not holding my breath on this rumor being true just yet.

Below are some related tweets, feel free to comment with your own thoughts on the USB Whistle rumor:

Spoiler

USB_Whistle.jpg

Comments

No this is no scam I know who's behind it. He wanted help with 3KS and got it so they did the same and got what they needed on these.
Ofw exploite = open ssl idiots!!!

Your opening up a gateway flood that you don't understand your own actions 2. Your young inexperienced and know nothing about how this works or the price every1 else will pay but go ahead keep making these devices and my team will sit here and crack them easily you can add any kind of encryption layering all you want I will tear it apart and cram it.

No this is no scam I know who's behind it. He wanted help with 3KS and got it so they did the same and got what they needed on these.
Ofw exploite = open ssl idiots!!!
Is it the Cobra folks as some of the rumors suggest or another group (if you can say)?

I already know its cobra it's true these guys are money suckers. They are hidden amongst us within the different sites. Here G.R website ps3news ps3hax.

To most ppl they are unknown but there work all shows the same Dev's style it's very unique like a finger print

Way back in the early days of cobra usb I was looking into exploiting there dongle and code and I discovered something pretty big not only cod I run there own security code without the dongle but I later made a cfw from my own work and Teardown thro a specific analyzer I used.

But when I'm doing this I run them each thro seperate channels so I can decifer true code from garbage and is all recorded directly into a binary language for later.

I have looked at the unknown cobra Dev's cobra cfw and compared it to mine which are not exactly the same.

Gotcha, well... if that's the case then I probably would change my view on this rumor from just an attention-seeking Tweeter to yet another guise in their latest attempt to make it appear that this is coming from 'another rogue hacker in a far away land' as they did with the original PSJailbreak, TrueBlue dongle, etc.

The question is, when will Sony finally catch on to their game? :p

Gotcha, well... if that's the case then I probably would change my view on this rumor from just an attention-seeking Tweeter to yet another guise in their latest attempt to make it appear that this is coming from 'another rogue hacker in a far away land' as they did with the original PSJailbreak, TrueBlue dongle, etc.

The question is, when will Sony finally catch on to their game? :p
This is not a rogue they asked me for help on the 3k+ units for cfw or so they said but reality was there true intentions were knowing I held the methods above all there heads so when they obtained it they are now using it on ps4 for profit.

He's only seen as a rogue cuz his name but he is also seen here aswel and his team and other sites.

But they do also face the small problem I hold the complete open virtual system which cod ruin everything in turn for there profit.

Think of the exploite nothing more then an open ssl attack on ofw.

Naw I think its fake/sacam.
Why? THis is too easy to say.

First they said in 2014 they have a WiiU emulator drive. What happened so far? Right nothing then hot air...

They say they will release a video of the working USB Dongle in about 2-3 weeks. Why not yet? Why do they need so long time?
In 2-3 weeks they want to release the dongle for commercial stores so then it is too late to proove, that it is real. Anyway. Scam as long as there is no video showing the opposite.

Thi group is just a bunch of kids who wants to get attention.
If I'm wrong - show me proof.

Naw I think its fake/sacam.
Why? THis is too easy to say.

First they said in 2014 they have a WiiU emulator drive. What happened so far? Right nothing then hot air...

They say they will release a video of the working USB Dongle in about 2-3 weeks. Why not yet? Why do they need so long time?
In 2-3 weeks they want to release the dongle for commercial stores so then it is too late to proove, that it is real. Anyway. Scam as long as there is no video showing the opposite.

Thi group is just a bunch of kids who wants to get attention.
If I'm wrong - show me proof.
We are all intitled to our own apinion but I have watched cobra for a long time and understand there work better then most I have torn apart there codes and done much research into all there stuff.
I've also obtained other stuff that's not revealed but when you help others and uncover there actual front int kinda tends to prove a point.

But they do also face the small problem I hold the complete open virtual system which cod ruin everything in turn for there profit.
Unless Max coughs up a boatload of 'hush money' to whoever knows how to turn their dirty money-making scheme into a free solution for the PS4 scene that's the b1tch of it indeed for them :D

Based on the PS3 scene history, they will release a useless DRM device, profit, then anonymously 'leak' the files once they make enough cash so Max doesn't have to resort to more phone scams like he did in the 90's (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)... but only after they backstab some of their own developers by selling the code to the Chinese to profit (yet again) from both ends while ensuring any knock-off devices won't be a success since a free solution will be available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back