Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last week PlayStation 4 developer qwertyoruiopz made available a JailbreakMe PS4 4.0x Webkit exploit for OFW 3.55 through 4.07, and over this weekend he received an invite from the Rebug Team while sharing progress updates leading to confirmation of a 0day 4.50 kernel exploit obtaining R/W (Read / Write) access! :love:

His latest JailbreakMe PS4 4.0x (Mirror via @X41) update states the exploit supports all non-4.50 Firmware, but specifically targets 4.06 currently due to ROP gadgets being hardcoded.

To recap, those on PS4 1.76 Firmware were able to make use of the Kernel Exploit Source Code that progressed to a PS4 BadIRET PoC finally leading to the 1.76 PS4 Dlclose Exploit.

For those on PS4 Firmware 4.07 or below you can use the JailbreakMe PS4 4.0x Exploit to gain userland access, and users on System Software 4.50 can rest assured a 0day 4.50 kernel exploit also exists although there is no user-level entry point for 4.50 OFW reported publicly as of yet.

Also keep in mind PlayStation 4 scene developers may decide to hold off disclosing the 0day PS4 4.50 kernel exploit much like the PS4 Pro 0day Exploit that was confirmed by Mathieulh until Sony patches it, so for the moment as usual the safest bet may be holding off making any System Software updates.

Finally keep an eye on the PS4 Dev Working Exploits page for an updated listing of PlayStation 4 WebKit / Userland and Kernel Exploits.
Thanks to @DoxyMarket, @hyndrid, @joona70, @mcmrc1, @Plankton, @sealab, @vettegast, @X41 and @xxmcvapourxx for the tips in the PSXHAX Shoutbox! :thumbup:
PS4 Jailbreaker Qwertyoruiopz Confirms 4.50 Kernel Read  Write Access.jpg

Comments

Yea im sure everyone has a way to load up Kodi and emulators on say an Nvidia Shield Tv. Or gaming PC. So the only real use for exploit release would be for backup loading. I can see this happening when Sony are close to pulling the plug on PS4 and moving on to PS5, which shouldn't be that far in the future, but by that time will anyone even care ?

Guess it would make a more powerful emulation box than my Shield Tv and handle shaders better but thats nothing exciting.

Oh well.

yeah it's a shame to qwertyoruiopz, he's been bought. we won't see a kernel exploit soon unless some really crazy but not selfish developer will take this task to research what bugs 4.07 kernel has to make an exploit. so once again just talks. just think if you were to find a kernel exploit on your own, what would you do? tell sony and get huge premiums to keep it secret or spread it wide and get sued ?

Are u just talking out aaaa your ass or you know this for sure

Definitely the best news coming from the ps4 scene, but still not worth the update to the said ofw to use this exploit for those who are still on older firmwares. I let my pro stay updated while my old ps4 sits on 3.55

Also keep in mind PlayStation 4 scene developers may decide to hold off disclosing the 0day PS4 4.50 kernel exploit much like the PS4 Pro 0day Exploit that was confirmed by Mathieulh until Sony patches it, so for the moment as usual the safest bet may be holding off making any System Software updates.
It has almost been a week and no news on the exploit, so i guess it is like with all the other "confirmed" exploits. They get announced big publicly even with videos and then nothing happens. I wonder why teasing publicly when you dont have the intention to release it.
yeah it's a shame to qwertyoruiopz, he's been bought. we won't see a kernel exploit soon unless some really crazy but not selfish developer will take this task to research what bugs 4.07 kernel has to make an exploit. so once again just talks. just think if you were to find a kernel exploit on your own, what would you do? tell sony and get huge premiums to keep it secret or spread it wide and get sued ?
Either keep it completely private without silly twitter statements or release it (anonymously). That simple.

It has almost been a week and no news on the exploit, so i guess it is like with all the other "confirmed" exploits. They get announced big publicly even with videos and then nothing happens. I wonder why teasing publicly when you dont have the intention to release it.

Why do people think a week is some magical timeframe that POOF a system can be fully broken and have things safe for everyone?? Its ONLY been a week keep your pants on, These things are hard if its not fast enough you do it.

He is sort of right. Plenty of exploits will be announced but none will be made public. If one ever does it will be sometime after newer consoles are already out. From what i've seen, everyone is just waiting for nothing. Buying extras consoles for nothing. Not updating for nothing. People have kernel exploits and there apparently are a lot of them out there. But nobody will ever release one to the public.

Fakes will come along like @racer0018 and talk crap getting everyone hyped. Devs will post pics of the new exploits they found but they wont release. And everyone will sit and wait. sit and wait. sit and wait. sit and wait for nothing.

Why do people think a week is some magical timeframe that POOF a system can be fully broken and have things safe for everyone?? Its ONLY been a week keep your pants on, These things are hard if its not fast enough you do it.
Dont tell me how hard it is, i know that, i am developing for a living. I dont have the slightest problem if it takes some time. In fact i do appreciate it when someone takes time and polishes something until it is really finished and not release in alpha or beta state like many games do nowadays.

He is sort of right. Plenty of exploits will be announced but none will be made public. If one ever does it will be sometime after newer consoles are already out. From what i've seen, everyone is just waiting for nothing. Buying extras consoles for nothing. Not updating for nothing. People have kernel exploits and there apparently are a lot of them out there. But nobody will ever release one to the public.

Fakes will come along like @racer0018 and talk crap getting everyone hyped. Devs will post pics of the new exploits they found but they wont release. And everyone will sit and wait. sit and wait. sit and wait. sit and wait for nothing.
Thats exactly my point, first they announce something and then no status update. Just a short message like "I am still working on it, just taking some more time" would be enough. That is not too much to ask, is it? And again I dont have problem with waiting, my PS4 is still on 3.10, havent touched it in 1.5 years. I just dont like hype for nothing and this teasing all the time. Scene should grow up.

Can someone ask qwertyoruiopz if he is going to release kernel exploit because nobody seems to really know anything about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back