Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Dec 6, 2015 at 7:18 PM       38      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the initial news and follow-up, today PlayStation 4 developer CTurt confirmed news of a PS4 Kernel Exploit via Twitter! :tup:

While this is fan-freaking-tastic news, keep in mind this does not mean there is a PS4 jailbreak... yet.

Keep an eye on our PS4 JailBreaking forum section though, and when there are further developments we'll be sure to post on them here! :D

CVegL9tWIAAUpXF.jpg

Comments

G4u but no interesting info for me, thanks.
you cant expect handouts for this stuff it requires dedication and sheer knowledge and if you have electronics and unix background you wod understand partialy but you need to dig around for info on software to figure the rest out
I mean no disrespect but how do you learn anything if it's all handed to you on a platter

you cant expect handouts for this stuff it requires dedication and sheer knowledge and if you have electronics and unix background you wod understand partialy but you need to dig around for info on software to figure the rest out
Sure and I try to dig some info. That exploit is the start point, with it we can do many things to mod FW. I just dont wanna reinvent the wheel.

I am very well aware what can be done with fw there is many ways to do things but only if you have the access. First is learning and understanding then you find the loophole.

I am very well aware what can be done with fw there is many ways to do things but only if you have the access. First is learning and understanding then you find the loophole.
yes everything has a loophole and can be found with certain attacks to the system fw to breakdown data using certain programming apps to recover data held within a locked system to reveal code

There are someone who are experience in hacking and reverse engineer here, if I were you, pick up that pointers and start off from there. Just saying.

yes everything has a loophole and can be found with certain attacks to the system fw to breakdown data using certain programming apps to recover data held within a locked system to reveal code
I find locking systems are the best as you can trap data there's a # of ways of doing this. Analyzers also work very well to get a good analysis aswel it tells you exactly what's going on.
I have tested a number of different methods not all require programs some can be done with Linux and some with programs depends on the user.

I find locking systems are the best as you can trap data there's a # of ways of doing this. Analyzers also work very well to get a good analysis aswel it tells you exactly what's going on.
I have tested a number of different methods not all require programs some can be done with Linux and some with programs depends on the user.

Can you provide us with a nice (maybe starter price cheap) Logic Analyzer to get started with? Would something like the below link get me going with some youtube videos help of course just to get me going in the right direction?

http://www.tech-tools.com/DV3109-logic-analyzer.htm?gclid=CPywytCE0skCFdgYgQodjWUEBg

Can you provide us with a nice (maybe starter price cheap) Logic Analyzer to get started with? Would something like the below link get me going with some youtube videos help of course just to get me going in the right direction?

http://www.tech-tools.com/DV3109-logic-analyzer.htm?o gclid=CPywytCE0skCFdgYgQodjWUEBg
You are gonna wanna take a look for protocol analyzers they don't come cheap for this stuff my 1St one was 130 but now I use a very pricey one depending what all else you are looking to use it for.

YouTube videos? You need to understand how to use them and have a great amount of knowledge and usb ones are no good for this. You need to capture lines of communication I also use other methods mixed with breakout boards and even raspberry pi 2 aswel for dumping.

You can also use e3 clip mixed with a analyzer aswel directly on the chip even tho the resister blocks out the data from being extracted but your only using it as a secondary device for Com

The analyzer in the link is a nice unit now go over to devwiki and grab the specs and you will notice the ram is 32bit x8 error correcting now the one in the pic is 512k x18.

If you have never had any knowledge with analyzers best advice is to learn with a minimal and basic one to get the handle on them or use2 and understand how to use it. These are not for beginners raspberry pi was used for dumping for various reasons if you havnt noticed the amount the dump is not a small size and payload won't be either

It should sooner or later hopefully since a kernel exploit was recently found
Yep, last I knew it was only for 1.76 or below... but if this is a new kernel exploit then perhaps it will be for more recent PS4 consoles (since most of the general population already updated theirs beyond 1.76).

Time will tell but here's to hoping :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back