Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jan 18, 2016 at 4:06 PM       25      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the recent PS4 3.11 Out of Bound Read (Freetype 64bit Exploit), fail0verflow's PS4 patches and drivers and his previous PlayStation 4 Kernel Exploitation, today PS4 developers CTurt and Qwertyoruiop revealed news of a PS4 kernel heap overflow exploit alongside an analysis of sys_dynlib_prepare_dlclose for PlayStation 4 developers to examine further. :)

Below are some recent Tweets on their latest PS4 kernel exploit, as follows:

Finally, from Wololo comes a summary of their findings thus far with it, to quote:
  • The exploit has been patched around firmware 2.00, so it will not be useful for people expecting a PS4 hack on the latest firmware 3.15.
  • Cturt also announced that he will not release a fully weaponized exploit, and is just sharing the knowledge on how the vulnerability was exploited.
  • He’s apparently actively working on the PS4 with other hackers such as Qwertyoruiop (a well know hacker famous for his work on iOS, among other things).
  • The exploit itself lies in function sys_dynlib_prepare_dlclose and some of its internal calls such as copyin. Full details can be found in CTurt's article.
Dlclose_PS4_Kernel_Exploit_CTurt.jpg

Comments

So when can we see the Jailbreak or CFW cause im waiting for this a long time ago. PS4 should not be that complicated from the iphone. the new iphone 6s was release after a month the the jailbreak was available but in PS4 case it is taking 3 and no result. its like no one cares for the ps4.

the ps3 will run out of games in this year or so then we have the ps4 and on. so what is the hold up i m tired of the same UI we have on ps4 i dont like it a little or the xbox ps4 have good titles and i like that machine.

the things is if the K33n team and these guys put their mind in this i m sure the jailbreak or the cfw will be out asap its 2k16 please free the bounded console so we can have the potential of it & i m not just saying this because no one wants it i wanna see the things that can be helping the console even more iphone tweeks are the thing for us that lets us use the device even more without the tweeks its nothing.

just give us something if it has exploits then just give is the JB what is the wait for it when they patch it and update it so u can find the new exploits. come on SONY had their money for making the console even thou thay have bugs their system and if they say its the perfect console well my fellow Tech lovers you know everything have a flaw.

so please by wasting days & weeks will narrow your window to achieve the gold that is sony made a machine that was not perfect its has flaw and we discovered it

So when can we see the Jailbreak or CFW cause im waiting for this a long time ago. PS4 should not be that complicated from the iphone. the new iphone 6s was release after a month the the jailbreak was available but in PS4 case it is taking 3 and no result. its like no one cares for the ps4.

the ps3 will run out of games in this year or so then we have the ps4 and on. so what is the hold up i m tired of the same UI we have on ps4 i dont like it a little or the xbox ps4 have good titles and i like that machine.

the things is if the K33n team and these guys put their mind in this i m sure the jailbreak or the cfw will be out asap its 2k16 please free the bounded console so we can have the potential of it & i m not just saying this because no one wants it i wanna see the things that can be helping the console even more iphone tweeks are the thing for us that lets us use the device even more without the tweeks its nothing.

just give us something if it has exploits then just give is the JB what is the wait for it when they patch it and update it so u can find the new exploits. come on SONY had their money for making the console even thou thay have bugs their system and if they say its the perfect console well my fellow Tech lovers you know everything have a flaw.

so please by wasting days & weeks will narrow your window to achieve the gold that is sony made a machine that was not perfect its has flaw and we discovered it
First off what's the point right now? Think about it not even all the emulators are up to par and every1 wants an exploite now? This makes no common sence at all.

Of course there's exploites I seen them along time ago but you want a half arse cfw that gets patched? Now you can see the point this stuff takes time to do not sure you understand the concept of R.E or understanding systems or you wod understand y it takes so long and y Dev's wait

First off what's the point right now? Think about it not even all the emulators are up to par and every1 wants an exploite now? This makes no common sence at all.

Of course there's exploites I seen them along time ago but you want a half arse cfw that gets patched? Now you can see the point this stuff takes time to do not sure you understand the concept of R.E or understanding systems or you wod understand y it takes so long and y Dev's wait
ok if its taking along time that then y did they start working on it now when they had the the version 1.00 snd now when its 3.15 and tomorrow maybe 3.20 then they will say u shouldn't update the console and you know if ur console isn't updated you cant see PS-store or do more with it now a day takes 1 week to say we have the exploits and after that trying dumping then a week we have successfully dump the kernel & then Volia UPDATE HAS BEEN SPOTTED. from sony

they should be going on the fast track instead they show less of the stuff.......i m betting that they just want followers on their twitter and stuff instead of showing that its ready to work.........

Cturt has the jailbreak now but wait he was too late. cause he was working o version 1.75 o_O when he knew that the version of the new games need v 2 or 3.00 i m not taking about backups if we bought a console for gaming and ur version is lower and you cant play the upcoming game then what is the reason for the Jailbreak. just to have some new fonts on them.

u stupid if the version 1.75 was hackable y didn't he PWNED it that time instead of now. their was no sign from Cturt that i m working on version this and that at first when people wanted the tool for the ps4 he said (GUYS I WAS WORKING V 1.75 I CANT HACK LATEST VERSION) then where is the tool that ps4 can be jailbreakable....:mad:

Cturt has the jailbreak now but wait he was too late. cause he was working o version 1.75 o_O when he knew that the version of the new games need v 2 or 3.00 i m not taking about backups if we bought a console for gaming and ur version is lower and you cant play the upcoming game then what is the reason for the Jailbreak. just to have some new fonts on them.

u stupid if the version 1.75 was hackable y didn't he PWNED it that time instead of now. their was no sign from Cturt that i m working on version this and that at first when people wanted the tool for the ps4 he said (GUYS I WAS WORKING V 1.75 I CANT HACK LATEST VERSION) then where is the tool that ps4 can be jailbreakable....:mad:
First off what do you guys know about the system or how it works besides what he said or released? all i hear from the scene i want i want! wheres your ambition to sit down and try learning for yourself?

This is exactly what happened to the scene for so long but no1 considered the actual work now did they?

The new line ps3 unhackable cuz y? no1 spent the efort to actualy learning everything behind it yet is still not hacked but it cod of been i know the vulnarability but ask yourself y release something to some1 who is ungreatful and speaks the words i want!

I respect Cturt work and spent time alone going thro the system and taking the time to learn whos behind the actual work so yes im sorry it does take time its not always about backups its actualy about learning and using your abilities to there full potential and taking full responsability.

so plz dont complain cuz he didnt release you a jb if you want it so bad y not learn it for yourself?

First off what do you guys know about the system or how it works besides what he said or released? all i hear from the scene i want i want! wheres your ambition to sit down and try learning for yourself?

This is exactly what happened to the scene for so long but no1 considered the actual work now did they?

The new line ps3 unhackable cuz y? no1 spent the efort to actualy learning everything behind it yet is still not hacked but it cod of been i know the vulnarability but ask yourself y release something to some1 who is ungreatful and speaks the words i want!

I respect Cturt work and spent time alone going thro the system and taking the time to learn whos behind the actual work so yes im sorry it does take time its not always about backups its actualy about learning and using your abilities to there full potential and taking full responsability.

so plz dont complain cuz he didnt release you a jb if you want it so bad y not learn it for yourself?

if i knew i would have release the jailbreak

You see there is the difference you wod release without any thot about it where I think be4 anything. But on the second note wod you be so willing to pay the price for your actions?

Billion dollar lawsuit, jail, permanent ban, career-less, yeah... That's why I don't, lol

Billion dollar lawsuit, jail, permanent ban, career-less, yeah... That's why I don't, lol
It don't mean you can't hack or shodnt cuz alot of average jobs today in industries rely on it to understand machines. I use it for a greater knowledge n teach a select few to teach them the actual way of what shod be released and what shod not.

Is it possible to use the PSVITA webkit exploit if someone optimizes it for PS4? It somewhat tries to work on the PS4.. I actually got a "Not enough memory" error trying to use it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back