Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter saya linux       Start date Jul 16, 2022 at 8:01 PM       33      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Proceeding the PS4 SalientOS (Arch Linux) Emulators & SteamDeck Distro and Multi-boot PS4 Linux Distros from External USB Drive Tutorial myself (@saya linux), @d4rkst0rm and Lestat___ DeLioncourt made available PS4 Linux BzImages for All Versions of PlayStation 4 Console motherboards (Baikal / Aeolia / Belize) in the PS4Scene with details below. 🐧

PS4 Linux BzImages for All Versions of PlayStation 4 Console 2.jpg

On the PS4 there are 3 types of motherboards:
  • PS4 FAT: Aeolia or Belize
  • PS4 Slim: Aeolia or Belize or Baikal
  • PS4 Pro: Belize or Belize 2 or Baikal
Overclocked bzImages can give sound problems which occur on PS4 Pro, advances in Linux payloads in the future will make it easier to use them.

The use of PS4FanControl set at 60° is recommended (Darkstorm automatically integrates it into its new distributions, since the release of the Saliente)

PS4 Linux BzImages for All Versions of PlayStation 4 Console 3.jpg

🔑 Login: darkstorm / Password: logic 🔓

BzImages for BAIKAL PS4 Slim / Pro:
BzImages for AEOLIA Compatible BELIZE:
BzImages for BELIZE (Not AEOLIA Compatible):
Thanks to whitehax0r and codedwrench, for making their packages available on their Github and all those who contributed to this (and there are many).

I also thank my team for all the help they gave me for the development of these bzImages, darkstorm for preparing a linux to compile and for finding the file for the leds, Lestat__ for his countless tests and other thoughts.

:arrow: Some related topics on the French site: 🇫🇷
🗣️ A Discord is available: PS4-LINUX

[LINUX] PS4 PRO Belize 2 + Newpayload Linux 9.00 + bootargs + bzimage 5.15.15 overclock 2.1Ghz
[LINUX] Debian v2 USB - PS4 PRO 2 Belize + Newpayload Linux 9.00 + bootargs + bzimage 5.15.15 2.7Ghz

Spoiler

PS4 Linux BzImages for All Versions of PlayStation 4 Console.jpg

Comments

Hello @spotanjo3 ;)

Currently the best feedback comes from Lestat__ with my special belize overclocked bzImage 2.6v2 (PS4 slim 5.05 Belize)

I will return soon in pictures of a preparation before tests PS4 Pro 9.00 debian v1 from darkstorm (works with vulkan on ps4 pro) ssd partition in btrfs

Edit: PS4 Pro 9.00 / Payload Linux 1 GB / bzImage 5.15.15 2.6 ghz v2 / Tearch v1 / SSD 256 GB

Installing tools btrfs on tearch V1 (arch) for recognition of btrfs by gparted:

btrfs_activation_gparted.jpg

Command used:
Code:
pacman -S btrfs-tools
On the desktop of a loaded arch linux darkstorm distribution,
named distribution psxitarch.tar.xz / target partition labeled psxitarch

Command used:

commande_install_distrib_avec_tearchv1.jpg

Installing Debian V1 on the btrfs partition (with tearch v1 PS4)
9 minutes:

btrfs_install_debian.jpg

btrfs_install_debian_2.jpg

Restarting the PS4, launching the freshly installed distribution

Debian in btrfs loaded with the same bzImage

Overclocked 2.6 ghz v2 led lavender saya (btrfs compatible on all my bzImages)

PS3 / PS4 / Wii controllers detected in bluetooth
dolphin under vulkan PS4 Pro 9.00

NAND Wii loaded (created by BootMii on my physical Wii):

debian_1.jpg

debian_2.jpg

Visual of PS3 and PS4 controllers connected in bluetooth, PS4 Pro LED color in lavender blue (given by my bzImage 2.6 ghz V2 special belize):

debian_3.jpg

debian_4.jpg

Installing OFW PS3 4.89 firmware under RCPS3:

debian_5.jpg

An exchange partition (Linux swap) on an external hard drive will be used, because even by loading a 1 GB payload, 6.82 GB of ram will not be enough :)

Visual of ram saturation on tearch v1 in linux 1 GB payload:

saturation_ram_payload_1go_1.jpg

saturation_ram_payload_1go_2.jpg

Darkstorm's Debian v2 distribution embeds a 4 GB Linux swap file

Here I will rather test a swap partition on an external hard drive. Some information about the swap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back