Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Help       Thread starter jamesblond007       5      
Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesblond007

Contributor
Verified
I have Linux installed internally on my ps4 using psxita arch, however I'd like to remove it & install Gentoo Or Itmania, looking for help how to remove my installation to change OS

also if there is any tutorials how to install a alternative OS i would be grateful.

Thanks

I have psxita running internally on 7.02 bro. Used FTP to transfer BZ Image & initramfs &, psxita files to hard drive with a additional file giving the ps4 directions from the usb stick, not my own work just something I got online..

It works ok my question is how to wipe the space Ive created on my ps4 for linux so I can reinstall a differing version of linux there Ive had gentoo running externally before and would like to use it internally

well just my two cents. Egads man why you doing this?? Look part of reason i made my vids was to show people that external 3.0 usb bus is way to go my guy. Now if you want to force the square peg into the round hole that is a good question. I mean like this is my recommended resolution path.

psxita sucks don't use it anyway.

use an itmania distribution. I mean i am running switch games cemu n64 psp it's all documented on my channel.

Run off usb

reformat hd using sony options I would initialize meself. It's the only way ...to be sure...

I want you to think about why you are trying to do what you are doing. Please REALIZE MY STYLE I CAN SIMPLY SWITCH HD's IN DOCK FOR MY TEST OF DISTRO

So I used all caps cause like isn't that what you really want to do? You want to try other distros right? So why fumble with this bad idea? For performance. THE GAINS ARE BETTER SSD VIA USB. Ok with that said.

Maybe just maybe another linux installation could see that ps4 hd. But gosh now you gotta take it out and do a connection to a pc or something I would use a dock but still it's a hassle. But I suppose you could TRY that. But the problem I see here is the ONLY thing you could see would be linux. The rest of the drive is encrypted. SO um yeah. Have fun with that. But hopefully you can just wipe it out (I assume this is all you wish to do). There certainly are no ps4 tool one could use to access that data to my knowledge.

But please explain why you would do any of that anyway. From my tests the is 0 gains. In fact your installation would run poorer than mine. It was interesting testing. I can assure you...

ok looks like internal installation was not such a good idea, looks like the space I partitioned may be lost. I would like to add I did try to install psxita on external before and had no success.

I may try a few differing OS from external drive, but would add ive tried this before managed to have gentoo running but not ITmania

my bad going back to initialize

ok external installation was on 6.72 worked well for Gentoo however I cant install on 7.02. If someone can install Linux on a Ps4 pro external drive either usb or ssd on FW 7.02 id like to know about it.

I'm not using a direct usb 3.0 to sata connector at the moment its a connection utility that may or may not require power dependent on drive connected to it, so this may be a issue.

If anyone has the correct combination of installation files I'd be grateful for info thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back