Will work only on 5.05/5.07 FW because it includes a kexec part with hardcoded offsets (sorry <5.05 guys, my bad).
Running on other than supported FW will make console to reboot.
Also do not forget to turn On MPEG-2 switch at "Debug Setting -> License Activation". Player is checking for it.
It's not the best variant of fixing this app, but it works for now (as a temporary solution).
Basically patch does two things:
5.07 FW is unchecked but it almost certainly working (at least video should).
- It escalates privileges for the mplayer's process, so it can freely access the stuff it wants.
- *sonyCred = 0xffffffffffffffff; // sceSblACMgrIsSystemUcred
- *sceProcType = 0x3801000000000013; // sceSblACMgrGetDeviceAccessType
- I'm not sure if both patches are necessary. Probably second one is enough, too lazy to check.
- It patches SceMusicCoreServer process in memory.
- Function at SceMusicCoreServer+0x3640 will now always <return 0>.
Credits: jkpatch and ps4-hen-vtx
It looks like official packages somehow got more privileges than fpkgs so some applications are failing to work properly.
Probably a whitelist (which is coming from PSN on activation) or fpkgs lack of some sort of marker. More research is needed.
I wanted only this particular application to work, now my work is done. I hope you enjoy it
By ps4miner, who previously reported on the application cache used in PS4 Exploit Host for 5.05 HEN Payloads Offline without ESP8266 devices.
PS4 5.05/ MEDIA Player V0350/ (Music, Videos & Pic's Works) by GrimDoe