Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Oct 14, 2018 at 1:22 AM       9      
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Huntstark on Reddit a new PlayStation 4 message glitch is going around causing PS4 crashing, resetting or rebuilding the database leading many to factory resetting their consoles and re-installing all the games. o_O

He states the following warning, to quote: "Even deleting the message from the mobile app doesn't work. It happened to me during Rainbow Six: Siege.

A player from the other team used a dummy account to send the message and crashed my entire team. We all have had to factory reset. Only one of our guys wasn't affected and he has his messages private."

ThatPissedOffDude adds, "the solution is to remove the message through the PS Messaging App. Nothing else needed" while Vilens40 shared additional details to prevent this from happening, as follows:
  • Go to Settings > Account Management > Privacy Settings > Enter your password > Personal Info | Messaging, and set Messages to either Friends (if you trust them) or No One.
TheNerdMag.com elaborated on the above, to quote:

"It is also advised you delete or unfriend anyone you know who might deliberately indulge in this message chain and soft-lock your console."

If anyone here experiences this PlayStation 4 soft-lock / soft-bricking issue, feel free to share your feedback in the comments below!

To quote: We've since fixed the issue, and it wasn't bricking consoles, just sending them into a crash loop that can be quickly fixed in under 5 minutes. Delete the message on the PS mobile app, go into Safe Mode, use Option 5, console back to normal. ^DB
PS4 Message Glitch Crashes, Resets Console or Rebuilds Database.jpg

Comments

Hahaha I used to do this kind of crap when I was 16. DDoS/server privilege escalation on counter-strike servers during high stakes clan matches.

From t0nin0t: Sony has fixed "kill messages". Stating also that they weren't bricking playstation but instead just caused crash loop and if you got one it's fixable in under 5 minutes.

Same thing happened to me the other day... however I was using my PS3...and I have 0 friends on there as well... and an empty message popped up. I just got a notification popup and when I went into my messages nothing was there.

Btw... this happened after the recent PS3 update. Never lost files tho... at least not yet.

Also I was playing NCAA football 14 which I don't believe is even usable online anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back