Category PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jul 30, 2019 at 2:00 AM       9,786       20            
Tested on IDA 7.0-7.2 and geared towards PS4 scene devs who haven't jumped to GhidraPS4Loader / GhidraOrbisTools yet, today PlayStation 4 developer @SocraticBliss made available on Twitter a PS4 Module Loader for Userland Modules following his recent PS4 Kernel Loader updates. :love:

Download: ps4_module.py / ps4_module_loader-master.zip / GIT

And from the README.md to quote: PS4 Module Loader

SocraticBliss (R)

Major Thanks to...
  • aerosoul
  • balika011
  • Znullptr
  • Pablo (kozarovv)
  • ChendoChap
  • xyz
  • CelesteBlue
  • kiwidogg
  • motoharu
  • noname120
  • flatz
  • Team Reswitched
Extra Special Thanks for telling me my program sucks...
  • zecoxao
ps4_module.py: IDA loader for reading Sony PlayStation(R) 4 Module files

Installation
  1. Extract the python directory into your IDA directory (overwite the files when prompted)
  2. Place the ps4_module.py and aerolib.csv files in your IDA's loaders directory
  3. Optional: Install the latest https://github.com/SocraticBliss/ps4_name2nid
Usage
  1. Load a PS4 Module file (.prx, .sprx, .elf, .self)
  2. Select the option ending with [ps4_module.py]
Spoiler: Depreciated
If you have any suggestions or ideas, please feel free to create pull requests!

To make the most out of this, we have to work together! :lovewins:

Download: patched_belf.zip (415.05 KB - patched balika elf loader that loads a xml with no lib entries addressed to it. and dynlib.xml converted from SocraticBliss's aerolib.csv)
PS4 Module Loader for IDA Userland Modules by SocraticBliss.jpg

Comments

SocraticBliss

Developer
Contributor
More for developers/reversers, but its used to decompile/disassemble PS4 user module binaries, to get a better understanding of how the PS4 works at a higher level.

This isn't used directly to gain you a jailbreak, but can be a tool to help with that process.

Edit: Feel free to ask any more questions, I'll try to answer them as best as I can.

Recent Articles
GOG Galaxy 2.0 AIO Video Game Launcher Open Beta Arrives
Along the lines of popular emulator frontends such as LaunchBox, recently the GOG Galaxy 2.0 (aka Good Old Games) all-in-one video game launcher Open Beta went live on GOG.com bringing features...
Sony PlayStation 4 & PS VR Last-Minute Holiday Deals at PSDirect.com
Following the launch of their online store, today Sony shared some last-minute holiday deals for PlayStation fans featuring savings on PS4, PS VR, select titles and more at their PSDirect.com...
Microsoft Xbox Series X Coming Holiday 2020, Power Your Dreams!
Formerly known under the codename Project Scarlett, today Microsoft officially announced their Xbox Series X next-generation console at The Game Awards scheduled to launch alongside Sony's...
Godfall PS5 Reveal Trailer, Bring on the Next-Gen PlayStation 5 Scene!
Like many when first seeing this, I did a double take to make sure my eyes were really seeing a PS5 game trailer... lo and behold it actually is a PlayStation 5 game trailer for the upcoming...