Category PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jul 30, 2019 at 2:00 AM       9,294       20            
Tested on IDA 7.0-7.2 and geared towards PS4 scene devs who haven't jumped to GhidraPS4Loader / GhidraOrbisTools yet, today PlayStation 4 developer @SocraticBliss made available on Twitter a PS4 Module Loader for Userland Modules following his recent PS4 Kernel Loader updates. :love:

Download: ps4_module.py / ps4_module_loader-master.zip / GIT

And from the README.md to quote: PS4 Module Loader

SocraticBliss (R)

Major Thanks to...
  • aerosoul
  • balika011
  • Znullptr
  • Pablo (kozarovv)
  • ChendoChap
  • xyz
  • CelesteBlue
  • kiwidogg
  • motoharu
  • noname120
  • flatz
  • Team Reswitched
Extra Special Thanks for telling me my program sucks...
  • zecoxao
ps4_module.py: IDA loader for reading Sony PlayStation(R) 4 Module files

Installation
  1. Extract the python directory into your IDA directory (overwite the files when prompted)
  2. Place the ps4_module.py and aerolib.csv files in your IDA's loaders directory
  3. Optional: Install the latest https://github.com/SocraticBliss/ps4_name2nid
Usage
  1. Load a PS4 Module file (.prx, .sprx, .elf, .self)
  2. Select the option ending with [ps4_module.py]
Spoiler: Depreciated
If you have any suggestions or ideas, please feel free to create pull requests!

To make the most out of this, we have to work together! :lovewins:

PS4 Module Loader for IDA Userland Modules by SocraticBliss.jpg

Comments

SocraticBliss

Developer
Contributor
More for developers/reversers, but its used to decompile/disassemble PS4 user module binaries, to get a better understanding of how the PS4 works at a higher level.

This isn't used directly to gain you a jailbreak, but can be a tool to help with that process.

Edit: Feel free to ask any more questions, I'll try to answer them as best as I can.

Recent Articles
Mednafen PS4 PKG Port of Multi-system Emulator Arrives via Markus95
Following the Mednafen PS4 Emulator Demos earlier in the month, this weekend tester @Markus95 (aka @Kus00095) made available via Twitter a Mednafen PS4 PKG Port (mednafen.pkg) by Znullptr (aka...
Sony Holographic Display Patent and Voxon Photonics 3D Demos
This past Tuesday Sony officially unveiled the PS5 console, and recently a Sony Holographic Display Screen patent from September 2019 surfaced leading to speculation on whether the new 3D...
RemotePlayPrototype: PS4 Remote Play Protocol Tool by Grill2010
Since his previous PSJoy Project for PC / Android devices and following the Chiaki free and open source PS4 Remote Play Client release from thestr4ng3r, PlayStation 4 homebrew developer @grill2010...
PS5 Backward Compatibility May Not Support All PS4 Game Titles Yet
Previously we saw initial reports that PS5 backward compatibility with PS4, PS3, PS2 and PSX titles may be in development, followed by specifically PS4 Game Support on PlayStation 5 with...