Category PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jan 18, 2019 at 12:18 AM       9,518       35            
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the PSN Avatar Grabber and Custom PSN User Avatar mods, today developer Red-J (Twitter) made available on Github a PS4 Payload Avatar Dumper for 5.05 Firmware for those interested. ;)

Download: Avatar_Dumper.bin (6.5 KB) / PS4-Payload-Avatar-dumper-test-master.zip / GIT / PS4 5.05 (Avatar Dumper Mirror) via EdiTzZ / PS4 UI Mod Custom PSN User Avatar.rar via @mohammadfadel

@Leeful confirmed it working via Twitter, stating the following to quote:

"Worked Perfectly for me on 5.05. It dumped both user avatars that were on my PS4. To test the dumped files I created a new user and copied 1 set of the dumped files to my new user's folder: /system_data/priv/cache/profile/0xXXXXXXXX/ and it all worked as it should."

Also making rounds on Twitter for PlayStation 4 developers: :fire:

PS4 Payload Avatar Dumper for 5.05 Firmware by Red-J.jpg

Comments

Status
Status
Recent Articles
PS4 Kernel Fixup Script for IDA 7.0-7.2 Released by SocraticBliss
Following his PS4 Kernel Loaders and PS4 Name 2 NID Plugin, PlayStation 4 scene dev @SocraticBliss (Twitter) made available a PS4 Kernel Fixup Python Script (ps4_kernel_fixup.py) he's currently...
PlayStation Store Black Friday 2019 PSN Sale Begins Today!
We've seen the PlayStation Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2019 hardware deals, and today Sony unveiled their Black Friday 2019 PSN discounts offering savings up to 40% off on select PlayStation Store...
PlayStation VR Game Releases for the Holiday Season and Early 2020
With a PS VR 5-Game Bundle for $199 available this holiday season and Lost Ember by Mooneye Studios arriving today, here are some upcoming PlayStation VR game releases through early 2020 that...
Sony PS4 / PS3 Blu-ray Disc Drive Internals & Security by Oct0xor at 36c3
Last year they covered Exploiting PS4 Video Apps, and at the 36th annual Chaos Communication Congress (36c3) from December 27th to the 30th 2019 in Leipzig Germany scene developer @Octopus (aka...