MakePFS and his PS4 FTP IP Set, PlayStation 4 developer @dbaaz put together his first PS4-PFSPKG-DUMP.bin payload called PS4 PFSPKG Dump that dumps pfs_image and app.pkg to usb0 which can be handy for PS4 4.05 game rippers to dump large files to their external hard drive
Download: PS4-PFSPKG-DUMP.bin / GIT
To quote from the README.md: PS4-PFSPKG-DUMP - Dump pfs_image and app.pkg to usb0
PS4-PFSPKG-DUMP v1.1 Changelog:
- Open the .bin file using a hexeditor and change CUSAXXXXX to the game id of your game.
- Open web browser, go to a exploit host page, and minimise the browser using the PS4 home button.
- Start the game you wish to dump. Wait until you reach the menus.
- Connect your external HDD to your USB0 port (leftmost usb port). Make sure you have at least 100GB free space.
- Wait until your PS4 recognizes your HDD. Then, send the payload
In other PlayStation 4 hacking news making rounds on Twitter today, developer @CelesteBlue announced that he's working on a PS4 system update blocker without DNS that will be included in PS4-HEN-VTX coming soon for 1.76, 4.05 or any firmware that has a kernel exploit.
- Increased buffer size
- Use hexedit to change game id
This means blocking PS4 updates via Sony URLs to prevent them from downloading so you don't have to go through removing them (if they were downloaded but haven't been installed yet) will be simplified so that even if the .PUP is downloaded, it can't install.
Thanks to @prreis and @TheOneAngel for the heads-up in the PSXHAX Shoutbox earlier today!