Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following my previous release, after learning How to Change PS4 DLC Region for FPKG Games by Jr550 I made a PS4 PKG DLC Region Batch Script for Windows to change the Region / TitleID of the original PS4 DLC PKG based on orbis-pub-gen and sfo by Hippie68.

Download: ps4-pkg-dlc-region.cmd / GIT

From the README.md: PS4 PKG DLC Region

ps4-pkg-dlc-region
is windows batch script can batch change the region and TitleID of the original ps4 dlc Pkg, and it is base on orbis-pub-gen and sfo by Hippie68.

It will automatically determine that the volume_type of the original pkg is pkg_ps4_ac_data or pkg_ps4_ac_nodata, pkg_ps4_patch, pkg_ps4_app:
  • pkg_ps4_ac_data:
    • DLC with extra files
  • pkg_ps4_ac_nodata:
    • DLC without extra files (unlockable)
  • pkg_ps4_patch:
    • PS4 Game Update (during the parsing, you will be prompted to enter the original PS4 Game PKG path)
  • pkg_ps4_app:
    • PS4 Game
Note: The experimental features of pkg_ps4_patch and pkg_ps4_app have not been tested...

User Defined

Before the first execution, the user needs to determine several defined values in ps4-pkg-dlc-region.cmd:
  • orbisPubPath
    Determines the path of orbis-pub, nullable if it has been set in the path of windows
  • sfoPath
    Determines the path of sfo(hippie68), nullable if it has been set in the path of windows
  • pkgPath
    Determine the path to the original pkg
  • newRegion (length is 2)
    Determine the Region of the generated pkg
    JP: Japanese, EP: European, UP: American, HP: Hong Kong, KP: Korean
  • newTitleID (length is 9)
    Determine the TitleID of the generated pkg
  • genDirName
    Determines the directory name for the generated output
  • icon0Path
    Determine the path of icon0.png when the original pkg has no preview image, the generated pkg will use this file
  • cleanup
    y: remove all temporary files, n: don't delete anything
  • passcode
    Determine the passcode value for pkg
  • overwriteUnpackedArchives (New)
    Determines whether to still extract when an unpacked PKG archive already exists,
    y: perform extract and overwrite, n: use existing unpacked file
  • overwriteExistGP4 (New)
    Determines whether to override gp4 configuration, when gp4 archive already exists,
    y: generate new gp4 file, n: use existing gp4 file
  • pkgCreate (New)
    Determines whether to automatically generate a new PKG after extract,
    y: generate new PKG, n: extract only
Reference
PS4 PKG DLC Region Batch Script to Change Region TitleID by Avan06.png

Comments

Strangest thing. I was just thinking about this possibility this morning when I saw Stray was available for PS4. I ordered the USA PS5 version and with this hopefully I can change the fpkg version to USA instead if EUR.

Thanks!

Edit: Aside from my bad grammer mistakes above, I meant to add in that I can play the PS4 version and transfer my saves to PS5.

Since I'm trying to figure this out, how do we know the I'd if we want to change to USA? Also, do I just drop the fpkg on to the cmd file?

Updated ps4-pkg-dlc-region.cmd:

1. Added support for parsing PKG of PS4 Game and Update, is an experimental feature and has not been tested in PS4. During the parsing update patch, you will be prompted to enter the original PS4 Game PKG path

2. The newRegion and newTitleID of User Defined can also be empty, indicating unchanged region and titleID

3. Added new user defined:
  • overwriteUnpackedArchives
    Determines whether to still extract when an unpacked PKG archive already exists,
    y: perform extract and overwrite
    n: use existing unpacked file

• overwriteExistGP4
    Determines whether to override gp4 configuration, when gp4 archive already exists,
    y: generate new gp4 file
    n: use existing gp4 file

• pkgCreate
    Determines whether to automatically generate a new PKG after extract,
    y: generate new PKG
    n: extract only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back