Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Feb 23, 2019 at 11:39 PM       27      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following his PS4 Dump Checker Tool, PlayStation 4 scene developer @pearlxcore (Twitter) of Pearlxcore.net recently made available a PS4 PKG Tool GUI complete with source code and updates on Github for those interested. :cool:

Download: PS4.PKG.Tool.zip (Latest Version) / GIT / Pearlxcore's Ko-Fi / Pearlxcore's PayPal

From the README.md: PS4 PKG Tool

This tool allows us to display PS4 PKG library, manage and perform various operations on PS4 PKG. Suggestion are welcome. Report if there any bugs here.

This is not a software which allows you to get free PS4 game.

Requirement

Features
  • Scan and view your collection of PS4 PKG library.
  • View pkg info such PKG param info, PKG trophy list and PKG entry.
  • Rename and export PKG to excel file.
  • Check PKG update.
  • Send PKG to PS4 via network.
How to use Remote Package Installer feature

This only compatible with any PS4 firmware capable running Flatz's Remote Package Installer app. Splitted update PKG is not supported at this moment.
  • Open program settings.
  • Set PC and PS4 IP address.
  • Install node.js and http-server module. (Make sure Node.js allowed through firewall)
  • If you unable to install http-server via PS4 PKG Tool, restart PS4 PKG Tool and try reinstall the module or you can install it manually using command 'npm install http-server -g' on command prompt.
  • Save and Exit program settings.
  • Launch Remote Package Installer apps on your PS4.
  • Select PKG you wish to install, right-click and select 'Send PKG to PS4'.
Download
Support my work
Credit
PS4 PKG Tool v1.1 Changelog:
  • 'Hardisk Free Space' now displaying every available/connected hardisk partition.
  • Added new program settings UI.
  • Added pkg sender tool to send PKG to PS4 via network. Splitted update PKG is not supported at this moment.
  • Added option to delete PKG.
  • Added option for recursive directory scan for selected PS4 PKG folder.
  • Added new PKG renaming format, 'longname' CONTENT_ID.
  • Fixed "Illegal characters path" error while renaming PKG.
  • Fixed some bug.
PS4 PKG Tool v1.2 Changelog:
  • Changed UI.
  • Reduced program size.
  • Added PKG viewer to view/extract PKG content.
  • Added new PKG info : PKG header & PUBTOOLINFO
  • Added options to uninstall patch, DLC & theme PKG.
  • Added program log.
  • Fixed "PKG already installed" error while attempting to install patch PKG.
  • Fixed minor bugs
PS4 PKG Tool v1.3 Changelog:
  • Added changelog viewer for patch PKG
  • Added filter PKG by category (Game/Patch/Addon/Unknown)
  • Added more title info : PS VR, PS4 Pro Enhanced and PS5 Backward Compatible (Thanks to andshrew)
  • Added file search option for file viewer
  • Improved ui
  • Fixed minor bugs
PS4 PKG Tool v1.4 Changelog:
  • Added x64 version.
  • Updated PS5 backward compatibility database as for 30/01/2021.
  • Fixed error when renaming pkg title containing invalid characters.
  • Fixed minor bug.
PS4 PKG Tool v1.5 Changelog:
  • Fixed size column sorting
  • Fixed region column sorting
  • Fixed typo
  • Fixed 'No PKG found' error when choosing root directory for PKG location
  • Added 'Clear all' button to clear all PKG location
  • Added new option to move PKG to separate folder by :
    • Category (Game/Patch/Addon)
    • Type (Official/Fake)
    • Region
  • Added option to rename PKG to a user defined format using tags. For example _TITLE_ - (_TITLEID_) [_CATEGORY_] [_REGION_] => AFFECTED - The Manor - (CUSA10801) [Game] [EU]. Special characters are not allowed:
Code:
_TITLE_
_TITLEID_
_VERSION_
_CATEGORY_
_CONTENTID_
_CONTENTID2_
_REGION_
  • Visual fix - Changed Tabpage control type
  • Updated PS5 backward compatibility database
PS4 PKG Tool v1.6 Changelog:
  • Migrated PS4 PKG Tool and related libraries to .NET 7.
  • Added option to fully extract PKG files in the View and Extract tab.
  • Enabled multiple selection for PKG operations. (Issue #46)
  • Fixed error reading PKG file for Homebrew Store and Remote Package Installer. (Issue #52)
  • Fixed error reading PKG in flash drive. (Issue #50)
  • Fixed error reading PKG in root directory. (Issue #40)
  • Added "(Patch)" tags to the filename of the patch PKG during PKG renaming to prevent naming conflicts.
  • Enabled multiple file selection to extract PKG files.
  • Added naming placeholders: {SYSTEM_VERSION}, {VERSION}. (Issue #41)
  • Added custom color for PKG labels in grid view based on PKG category (Game, Patch, Addon, App).
  • Added an option to move PKG files into separate folders based on title and its category (Game, Patch, Addon, App). Folder name format: Title (Title Id). (Issue #57)
  • Added a Backport column in grid view, allowing users to add backport labels/remarks to PKG files (Experimental).
  • Added an option to check for duplicated PKG files.
  • Added PKG filtering by App.
  • Improved PKG file list view and extraction.
  • Improved logging.
  • Moved PKG renaming custom names into program settings.
  • Changed the naming placeholder.
  • Changed the PS4 PKG Tool temporary folder name to "PS4PKGToolTemp," which will now be created in the local program directory.
  • Program configuration is now stored in "Settings.conf" in the "PS4PKGToolTemp" folder.
  • Changed UI style.
  • PS5 Backward Compatibility check is now an option. Users are required to download the PS5 Backward Compatibility Status JSON manually in program settings to use the PS5 Backward Compatibility check. The PS5 Backward Compatibility JSON file ("ps5bc.json") will be downloaded to "PS4PKGToolTemp."
  • PS4 PKG Tool is no longer bundled with Sony's publishing tool and "curl.exe." Users are required to place the required files in "PS4PKGToolTemp" manually.
  • Removed the tool strip menu icon (Project was crashed and lost some icons. Decided to remove all).
  • View PKG Change Info option is now enabled for PKG categories.
The code regarding the Remote Package Installer was modified/updated but never tested as I don't have an exploited PS4 console in hand. Please report any bugs at issues.

Spoiler: Legacy ReadMe (Depreciated)

Spoiler: Legacy Changelog (Depreciated)

PS4 PKG Tool GUI to Rename and Export File Lists by Pearlxcore.png

PS4 PKG Tool GUI to Rename and Export File Lists by Pearlxcore 2.png

PS4 PKG Tool GUI to Rename and Export File Lists by Pearlxcore 3.png

Comments

What do you mean by cant paste file address. Just click button to select folder.

For subfolder not supported yet. Will be added soon.

@deSSy2724
No. This tool only change pkg name format and export pkg list to excel readable.

It may take a long time to hash big files or if you still want it just use any md5 calculator tool and compare.

A small bug, maybe? The script in rename.exe receives the wrong arguments if you're using a folder which has spaces in the name (e.g. PlayStation 4 Games).

Also, it would be nice to add more renaming options, like TITLE_ID first and then the actual name. This would be useful when renaming themes, since the fix always has the same name, "FIX Permanent Theme", and it would be a mess to search for the title id to see the fix for each corresponding theme. This way the files are sorted alphabetically. Just a thought.

@GODZYLLA
Noted, will check that later. I overlooked the issue as I don't have much theme pkg to test. :(

For now I'm adding option to include subfolder. Also the tools need to filter only ps4 pkg. Still thinking the best way to do it. Due to my limited knowledge, these will take some time to solve.

Thanks for your feedback. :)

It's not an issue, it's a feature. ;)
Yes, only pkg files, I understand that (both the theme and the fix are package files, no problems here).

I tested some options and I believe there's and easy fix for both "problems".

I don't know how you pass the arguments from your tool to the three .exe apps, but you should put the absolute file path between " ". This way you shouldn't worry about spaces (this is probably why the -r argument for subdirectories doesn't work as intended).

As for the extra renaming options to add for CUSTOM_FORMAT, just switch/move around the %% parameters from the readable name format.

This is an example that worked perfectly for me (folders with spaces, subfolders, custom name format):
Code:
rename1.exe "E:\PlayStation 4 Games\test" -c "(%TITLE_ID%) %TITLE%" -d -r -1
But I still can't figure it out why the need for two programs for renaming the files (rename1.exe and rename2.exe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back