Category PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Feb 23, 2019 at 11:39 PM       6,101       19            
Following his PS4 Dump Checker Tool, PlayStation 4 scene developer @pearlxcore (Twitter) of Pearlxcore.net recently made available a PS4 PKG Tool GUI complete with source code on Github for those interested. :cool:

Download: PKG.Tool.GUI.zip (PKG Tool GUI.exe) / PS4.PKG.Tool.exe (Latest Version) / GIT

He credits @cfwprophet and nighty for help with the homebrew application, and according to repository's README.md this Windows utility for PS4 Packages handles both renaming and exporting PKG file lists.

From the README.md, to quote: PKG Tool GUI

GUI version of https://github.com/n1ghty/pkg_tools to handle PS4 PKG (rename/export list)

Features
  • View PKG in gridview
  • View param info, trophy list
  • Rename and export PKG
  • Check update and addon
  • View and extract unencrypted content
  • View and extract PKG image
  • Generate addon unlocker FPKG
How to use

Load folder containing PS4 PKG. Select format to change the PKG name or export the PKG list to xlsx sheet

Credit

cfwprophet and n1ghty
PS4 PKG Tool GUI to Rename and Export File Lists by Pearlxcore.png

PS4 PKG Tool GUI to Rename and Export File Lists by Pearlxcore 2.png

Comments

pearlxcore

Developer
Contributor
Verified
What do you mean by cant paste file address. Just click button to select folder.

For subfolder not supported yet. Will be added soon.

@deSSy2724
No. This tool only change pkg name format and export pkg list to excel readable.

It may take a long time to hash big files or if you still want it just use any md5 calculator tool and compare.

GODZYLLA

Contributor
Verified
A small bug, maybe? The script in rename.exe receives the wrong arguments if you're using a folder which has spaces in the name (e.g. PlayStation 4 Games).

Also, it would be nice to add more renaming options, like TITLE_ID first and then the actual name. This would be useful when renaming themes, since the fix always has the same name, "FIX Permanent Theme", and it would be a mess to search for the title id to see the fix for each corresponding theme. This way the files are sorted alphabetically. Just a thought.

pearlxcore

Developer
Contributor
Verified
@GODZYLLA
Noted, will check that later. I overlooked the issue as I don't have much theme pkg to test. :(

For now I'm adding option to include subfolder. Also the tools need to filter only ps4 pkg. Still thinking the best way to do it. Due to my limited knowledge, these will take some time to solve.

Thanks for your feedback. :)

GODZYLLA

Contributor
Verified
It's not an issue, it's a feature. ;)
Yes, only pkg files, I understand that (both the theme and the fix are package files, no problems here).

I tested some options and I believe there's and easy fix for both "problems".

I don't know how you pass the arguments from your tool to the three .exe apps, but you should put the absolute file path between " ". This way you shouldn't worry about spaces (this is probably why the -r argument for subdirectories doesn't work as intended).

As for the extra renaming options to add for CUSTOM_FORMAT, just switch/move around the %% parameters from the readable name format.

This is an example that worked perfectly for me (folders with spaces, subfolders, custom name format):
Code:
rename1.exe "E:\PlayStation 4 Games\test" -c "(%TITLE_ID%) %TITLE%" -d -r -1
But I still can't figure it out why the need for two programs for renaming the files (rename1.exe and rename2.exe)

Recent Articles
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare & MediEvil Join New PS4 Games Next Week
Next week the PlayStation 4 gets some heavy hitters, including Call of Duty: Modern Warfare for PS4 on October 24th, and both MediEvil and The Outer Worlds on October 25th. šŸ˜ƒ Without further ado...
Sony Rumored to Unveil PS5 at PlayStation Meeting on February 12, 2020
Yesterday we saw the first PS5 DevKit Prototype Images, and although Sony confirmed the PlayStation 5 will launch during the Holiday 2020 season they haven't announced an official PS5 unveiling...
Leaked PS5 Dev Kit Prototype Images Surface from ZONEofTECH
Following the PS5 Development Kit Design Patent and PlayStation 5 Development Kit 3D Renders, this weekend ZONEofTECH shared some leaked Sony PS5 Dev Kit Prototype Images on Twitter with a video...
Sony Confirms PS5 Will Support PlayStation Now, New Controller Patent
In a recent interview with Famitsu Magazine, Sony's Yasuhiro Osaki confirmed that PlayStation 5 will support their digital streaming and downloading video game subscription service PlayStation...