Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter IgrikAkira       7      

IgrikAkira

Contributor
Hello everybody. Somebody can tell me? It's possible make 4k patch for old PS4 games and make them enhanced? Maybe FinalFantasy 10-10-2 or other games what didnt have 4k patches on PS4Pro. Add 4k textures thought patch or unlock fps. Its already possible?

tidusyuna.jpg

Calahan

Contributor
Verified
Hi all,

at the moment I still have a PS4 Pro on 3.70. Before I played "Rise of the Tomb Rider", I wanted to download the update for the PS4 Pro. But I couldn't download the patch without updating the firmware to the last version. So I played it without the Pro patch.

In the Playstation 4 Package Finder I found links for the game id CUSA05716. It says Tomb Rider is on Version: 01.06, and Firmware needed is 4.05. So that would be fine. If I would update my PS4 Pro to 4.05, would it be possible to download this patch and install it?

Hope that someone can help me :)

All the best,
Calahan

Calahan

Contributor
Verified
Hi elzincho,

I've downloaded the update with the link from the Playstation 4 Package Finder. So I have the patch as a pkg file.
Now I'm searching for someone who knows how to install the patch.
I think, I remember a news message, where someone showed the solution as a How To.

All the best,
Calahan

Havok10

Contributor
If you are playing from a retail disc what you describe will work.

If you are trying to use a fakesigned (PS4HEN) game then you can NOT download an official patch and install it. It needs to be installed onto a PS4 with the patch and then ripped and packaged as a will game release.

Calahan

Contributor
Verified
Hello Havok10,

thanks for the explanation. I played the game with my retail disc. So installing the patch would work, but I don't know how to do it.

Do you remember seeing a "How To" about installing such downloaded patches? I think it had something to do with the debug setting. Well it seems I'm getting too old ;)

All the best,
Calahan