Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyCarl

Contributor
Hello and Merry Christmas,

i got a PS4 Pro with Firmware 5.0 and can still access the PSN and buy things like FinalFantasy9.

i can download Final Fantasy9 but not install it, he starts also the download for 5.03 and i dont wanna Update.

Is there any way to install the game even on my 5.0 Firmware?

regards

Merry XMAS back at ya @CrazyCarl! :santa: With the holidays upon us and many members getting a PlayStation 4 or PS4 Pro having the same questions I'll add a brief FAQ below:

Should I update my PS4 / PS4 Pro Official Firmware (OFW)?

Lowest is best for PS4 Jailbreak / Dlclose / WebKit Playground / JailBreakMe Exploits, currently only 1.76 is fully jailbroken publicly but scene developers including SpecterDev are working on v4.05 so it's a waiting game at the moment for those with patience not to update their console.

How do I block Sony from updating my PS4 / PS4 Pro console?

See here: How to Block PS4 Updates on Any PlayStation 4 Firmware Guide

Why should I block Sony URLs on my PS4 / PS4 Pro console?

Besides not updating your PlayStation 4 Firmware automatically, it has also been confirmed that Sony Removes Special Data on new PS4 consoles which may be of value as the PS4 scene progresses.

Can I update to a specific PS4 Firmware version a game requires without updating to Sony's latest OFW?

Yes, see here: Updating to a Specific PS4 Firmware Guide

How do I know which PS4 Firmware a game requires so that I don't update more than I need to?

See here for a few lists of Minimum Required Firmware Versions for PS4 Games and PlayStation 4 Package Finder for update file versions.

Can't I just use a proxy and trick or spoof the PS4 Firmware version to access PSN?

Jailbroken PS4 1.76 consoles can use payloads to spoof the PS4 Firmware version in order to stop the console from nagging to update at the moment.

For everyone else, usually when Sony releases new PS4 Firmware updates spoofers such as SKFU's Pr0xy (download) or PSProxy (guide) work for a brief period of a few days to around a week typically to access PSN without being on the latest PS4 Firmware.

This happens because Sony's PSN passphrase changes, and the PS4 XML force_update doesn't require the latest PS4 Firmware version during this temporary / interim transition period.

Why can't I use a proxy and trick or spoof the PS4 Firmware version to install updates or play newer games?

According to zecoxao, the spoof will only stop the PlayStation 4 console from nagging to update, it won't allow you to change the Minimum Required Firmware for PS4 Games as the PKG keys are different... and for PSN access you'll also need to spoof index.dat and X-Passphrase.

I'll add a few more questions to this FAQ as time permits and probably sticky it for awhile to save retyping everything out over and over for new PlayStation 4 owners this holiday season. :tree:

Hey, thx for the answer.

so there is no way to install the legal downloaded finalfantasy 9 onto my ps4 because of the firmware? just wonder why the game want a 5.03 if the game came out without these firmwares live

When game developers issue a mandatory patch update it changes the original requirement of the PS4 game in order to install / run it.

According to the PS4 PKG Finder using FINAL FANTASY IX's Title ID (for example) of CUSA08877 returns the following details:

Title: FINAL FANTASY IX
  • Mandatory Patch: Yes
  • Minimum System Firmware: 5.01
  • Content ID: UP0082-CUSA08877_00-FF9FORPS42017000
  • Game Total Size: 189.813 MB
  • Number of pieces: 1
  • No delta package file available!
Piece 0
Notes:
  • The minimum system firmware is the firmware needed for the latest patch.
  • Large package files (> 4GB) are split into pieces and spliced on the system via the piece offsets.
As you're currently on PS4 Firmware 5.00 and it shows Minimum System Firmware: 5.01 above it should require being on at least 5.01 OFW to use it... it may download the latest update (5.03) by default although not necessary if you were to Update to a Specific PS4 Firmware (such as 5.01 from HERE or HERE) instead.

Like most updates PS4 Firmware 5.01 improved system performance adding stability fixes, and while some speculate it may contain a BDVD fix for 5.00 users stuck in boot loop there is no official confirmation from Sony nor scene devs unfortunately.

Personally I'd wait until after New Year's before updating any PS4 OFW just in case a new exploit or jailbreak surfaces, but many won't be bothered since they got their PlayStation 4 to play not let it sit on a shelf collecting dust hoping to hack it one day.

Good Morning.
I bought a ps4 pro + VR in December as I did not know when I called to upgrade. I already updated it 3 times and stayed in firmware 5.05

Is there any solution for this version?

If you're on 5.05 you will have to wait for a new public kernel exploit, only up to 4.05 can currently be exploited outside of private dev circles.

Nothing yet, if I were you I'd either hold off updating or try to get in the 5.50 Beta with one of the 'invite codes' floating around so you can rollback to your 4.73 when it's over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back