Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Help       Thread starter Mike710       3      
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike710

Contributor
The fault is when the ps4 starts there is no background music & after you go through the initial settings from it being wiped it 'hangs' for a while showing the controller & the charge level in the top left corner.

After just over 1 minute the screen goes black & that's it! you then have to hold the power button to shut it down & when you restart the ps4 you have to go through the setup again!

Here's a YouTube link:

Spoiler

I've no idea what the previous owner did prior to the fault. It's definitely not hard drive related as the original one has been fully checked out & works fine.

My only guess is possibly the NOR chip has been corrupted in some way. Be good to hear your thoughts.

Solution
user profile is corrupted !! make another profile, or if that is not working, reinstall the fw in recovery mode. if nor was damaged or at any sign of corruption the ps4 wont start at all.
user profile is corrupted !! make another profile, or if that is not working, reinstall the fw in recovery mode. if nor was damaged or at any sign of corruption the ps4 wont start at all.

Solution
either the internal hdd got corrupted, or your apu/ran chips/likewise surface mount bga components have bad solder joints.

my other ps4 fat had a crack in the solder joints under the apu, i did the washer trick and it would stay on then otherwise it did something similar, it would boot run for about 3 minutes and the display would go straight black controller would still act likt its connected and required a forced shutdown by holding the power button on the ps4.

Reinstall your firmware in recovery mode. If that doesn't work, do you have backups of your game saves? If you have then re initialize your ps4 in recovery, but it will delete all your games, game saves and user profiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back