Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since his TW3 PS4 Texture Patcher Tool and RE-PAK Tool to preview textures and create / extract PAKs, PlayStation 4 Scene modder @Backporter (Twitter) recently shared some updates to Github on TGA-PNG-JPG-TO-DDS alongside a work-in-progress PS4 RE Engine Texture Creator dubbed PS4-RE-TEX that supports Resident Evil / RE3 textures and Devil May Cry 5 (DMC5 .tex.11) textures for game mods. :geek:

Download: PS4-RE-TEX (Latest Version) / GIT
He has an Official PS4 Game Modding Server on Discord for those interested in his progress updates, and from the WIP README.md file: PS4-RE-TEX

PS4 RE texture creator.

Requirements:
Usage:

Put all the requirements in the Data Folder, extract the mod with the textures, run app, wait for it to close, and you are done. if you want mipmapping boot the app with -mm for mip-mapping to be enabled;

Notes:
  • For Optimal Performance, use the mipmaping option (I've included batch files that enable the mipmaping automatically just load them).
TO DO:
  • Add proper Mip support (hopfully this will be in version 2.0) Done - Should be correctly working as of now. BROKEN AGAIN.. DO NOT USE.
Using RE-PAK And PS4-RE-TEX to mod RE-Engine Games On The PS4
PS4-RE-TEX PS4 RE Engine Texture Creator for Game Mods by Backporter.jpg

Comments

I think most people are not interested in these mods for the games, sad thing. however i made my 7-8 mods of my choice and they are working fine for RE3.

@Backporter hi bro i love your work and your Tools, PS4-RE-TEX work fine with RE3 mods, but when i try with RE2 its always giving me error and i cant make any mod.

first i download RE2 pak_names_release.list it give me error then i extract to main files from the game (re_chunk_000.pak & re_chunk_001.pak) still getting error, fail to create mods.

I follow every step mention by @LeMonde21 but RE2 mods are not creating ? Is the native file structure matters ? i also put "sectionroot" folder , copy it into the "streaming" folder ? any suggestions ?

Thanks to backporter and many of the other members many PC exclusive mods came to the PS4 maybe in the future we would be able to mod PS4 exclusive games

Imagine playing as classic Kratos in God of War 2018

Having troubles with re_chunk_000.pak & re_chunk_001.pak , i'm not sure how im meant to go about it, I have extracted said files from base game but when i try to open them, like in vid 1.28 in i get this error.

Untitled.png

No idea what im doing wrong...

@moromusa you might need to elaborate more as I don't quite understand what you mean, if you are asking what the batch files do, they give my tool what it needs to do via arguments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back