Category PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jul 5, 2019 at 3:14 AM       7,803       16            
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the initial project that was in development, release of PSJoy, PS4REN and the related PS4 Remote Play Without PSN Access Guide over the holiday thestr4ng3r announced that he's reverse-engineered nearly the entire PS4 Remote Play protocol and plans to publish the source of his client when it's in a practically usable state for arbitrary platforms! :love:

This comes proceeding the recent PlayStation Camera Reversing documentation on Github by scene homebrew developer BigBoss with the related Tweets and a demonstration video embedded below.

Also heating up Twitter over the holiday from Markus95 (aka @Kus00095) is Ninja Shodown for PS4, PS Vita and Switch: :fire:

PS4 Remote Play Open Source Client in Development by Thestr4ng3r.jpg

Comments

Status

mukasange

Contributor
thank you for making this homebrew i hope someday someone is able to making open server like wiimmfi if the sony ps4 server is discontinued

grill2010

Developer
Contributor
Omg, I literally made our ps4 remote play research project which we are working on for several months now open source today. Ours is still not working but it's close.

I really have to get in contact with that guy as it's really a shame that we didn't found him earlier. Things would have been much easier. But that's life I would say. Anyway great news

kira1000

Contributor
this is really interesting, unfortunately my PS4 is too new to jailbreak right now, but once it is I will definitely check this tool out-remote play without PSN would be awesome.

Status
Recent Articles
Capcom Home Arcade Launches October 25th, Details and Trailer Video
Previously we covered the RetroEngine Sigma and Game Box Hero systems for emulation fans, and recently Capcom announced their Capcom Home Arcade launches this October 25th with pre-orders...
PS4 Retail Theme Unlocker Windows GUI Front-End by Backporter
Proceeding the PS4 DLC, Games, Updates & Themes Guide by @AluPL (aka TheRadziu on Twitter) today @Backporter shared via Twitter a PS4 Retail Theme Unlocker Windows GUI front-end...
PS4 Games Up to Half Off as PlayStation Plus Platinum Weekend Begins
This weekend PlayStation Plus members can save up to 50% off select PS4 games during Sony's PS Plus Platinum Weekend Sale with titles including Days Gone, Grand Theft Auto V, and Rage 2 Deluxe...
Mortal Kombat XL PS4 Skin Mod (Proof of Concept) Demo by GrimDoe
Happy Friday the 13th to all of Ya'll šŸ˜± I'm back just to bring a bit of info on MK X/XL work that I have been working off and on with, since my MK9 KE PS3 RTM Tool and last PS4 Partial & Full...