Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who remember PS2, PSP and PS3 RipKits this may interest you as well... today @RiPPERD has made available a PS4 RiPKiT / Modding / Cheat / Backport Tool for PlayStation 4 games in order to reduce their size by removing things like language or video files from them that aren't required in order to play through in most cases. :sneaky:

Download: PS4_RipKit-Mod-Cheat-BackPort_Tool_V2.2_By_RiPPERD_0.rar (4.52 MB) / PS4_RipKit-Mod-Cheat-BackPort_Tool_V2.2_By_RiPPERD-RT.rar (106.26 MB) / PS4_RipKit-Mod-Cheat-BackPort_Tool_V2.1_By_RiPPERD.rar (4.51 MB - NO RUNTIME INCLUDED .net and python) / PS4_RipKit-Mod-Cheat-BackPort_Tool_V2.1_By_RiPPERD_RT.rar (106.25 MB - RUNTIME FILES INCLUDED TOO .net and python) / BackPort.rar (54.61 KB - MINOR UPDATE FILE FOR 2.1 ONLY - ADDED OTHER PRX FILES THAT WERE MISSING - DOWNLOAD THIS AND REPLACE THE ONE IN MY APP FOLDER)

To quote from RiPPERD: PS4 RiPKiT/Modding/Cheat/BackPort Tool By RiPPERD

Usages of this tool:

The main reason for this tool is to make RipKits (smaller game files with things riped out) this is usually language files, videos etc. However another use is users that dont know how to modify games, add cheats/mod menus, files etc now can... so with the devs/modders posting their patch files made by this tool you will be able to just click a buttom and enjoy modded games... This could be Loads of ammo... Infinite Health... Debug menus etc via either modded eboot.bin file or modded game files.

PLEASE NOTE: Compressing/Making patch file may take a long time depending on your specs! The app CANNOT crash so just wait! Decompressing/Applying patch will be a LOT faster than making the patches! Again the app CANNOT crash!

V2.2 UPDATE
  • Added all other prx files supplied
  • should now not show any errors for missing files
V2.1 UPDATE
  • made loads of changes
  • changed to selfutil where i could
  • only 1 button for backport now
  • 1 click fully working from pkg to pkg
  • added runtime files (if you download the RT version) this has dotnet and python
  • 2.7 included for those who dont know how
  • ignore any errors its only coz of files that are not included in your game (prx files)
  • added more on screen stuff so you dont get bored, not sure if thats all but its fully working now
BACKPORT INSTRUCTIONS

Backporting games:

• Now comes with 1 Click!!
  • Place you PKG file into root of my app
  • Rename it original.pkg
  • Open my app
  • Click BackPort
  • Press any key a few times when asked
  • Enjoy!
What does this tool do?

Its an AIO patcher to release a patch file instead of users downloading whole games again. Back in the PSP and PS3 days this is how RipKits were made... ive made it slightly different now due to windows 10 and other requirements that only work on older versions.

Basic tutorial

FOR DEVS (Devs are needed to make the patches)

• Download my app
  • Place the game PKG file into the directory of this app and rename it to original.pkg
  • make a copy of the game in same folder and rename it to ripped.pkg
  • open up the modded pkg game file with other ps4 tools
  • make any changes to the game (remove languages, add cheats etc)
  • repack the ripped pkg file with your usual tools
  • now run the tool with both files in same folder
  • click MAKE PATCH
  • wait... may take while on larger games
  • you will now have a "patch.RiPPERD" file and a "ripped.gp4" file, these are the files you share with others. These files are now much smaller than previous versions.
FOR END USERS
  • Download my app and the required "patch.RiPPERD" and "ripped.gp4" file for your game
  • Place game PKG file, "patch.RiPPERD" and "ripped.gp4" into my app folder
  • rename game pkg to "original.pkg"
  • now run the tool with both files in same folder
  • click APPLY PATCH
  • wait... may take while on larger games
  • now you will have a ripped pkg with the original file name pkg
  • copy to usb/ps4
  • Enjoy!
NOTES: files must be called the exact as i typed so... original.pkg ripped.pkg patch.RiPPERD ripped.gp4 ALL CASE SENSITIVE!

UPDATE INFORMATION

V2.2
  • no more errors shown if files dont exist
  • added all other prx files to the list
V2.1
  • HUGE UPDATE (See above for details)
Custom Patches/ Mods / Cheats

Dead Rising 2 Mega Mod - UP0102-CUSA04313_00-DEADRISING002PS4-A0100-V0102

• Boosted Money Pickups
  • All Slot Machines Now Pay Out $1M
  • Weapons In Safehouse
  • Weapons In Royal Flush
  • Increased Attack Damage For Weapons
  • Increased PP For Weapons
  • PP Multiplied By 10
  • Unlimited Use of Weapons
  • Increased Health From Pickups
  • Increased Health For Survivors
  • Descreased Health For Bosses
  • Teleport From Bathroom of Safehouse
  • Pocket Any Item
  • No Vehicle Damage
  • No Key Needed For Vehicles
  • Exit From Safehouse Made Closer
Any issues let me know and ill fix them...

Spoiler: Depreciated
PS4 RiPKiT Modding Tool for PlayStation 4 Games by RiPPERD.png

Comments

Whats the point of this when you can create updates with just the files you want with the sony tools. I made a custom update for dead island and it had the eboot with 2 archives and it was less than 10mb...

Great to see some homebrew tools coming out for the PS4! Maybe that will entice the kexploit devs to make another release if they know that other homebrew devs are working on the platform? One can only dream!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back