Category PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Aug 31, 2017 at 1:44 AM       8,275       13            
Many may recall GeekPwn 2016 featuring the Chinese hackers of Chaitin Tech, and while little was available from the closed door Zer0Con their work appears to have resurfaced at the Tencent Security Conference which took place yesterday in Shenzhen, China. :kitty:

Below is a video courtesy of Noam Rathaus‏ of the related Chaitin Tech PlayStation 4 exploit footage showing the PS4 running Linux, who notes to quote: "To clarify, it's exploiting a vulnerability in WebKit, then a vulnerability in FreeBSD to gain execution privileges on a PS4."

Cheers to @raedoob on the PSXHAX Discord and both @UmarDaBest559 and @X41 in the PSXHAX Shoutbox for the news tip and follow-up details! :beer::beer::beer:
PS4 Running Linux Chaitin Tech Exploit at Tencent Security Conference.jpg

:idea: Reminder: Those without a Verified Badge yet on Discord to access the private areas we recommend Joining Us! Why? The waiting process takes a week for new Members, and there's a lot we're unable to share on public forums including the latest PS4 PKG Games. 🏴‍☠️

Comments

yota1979

Contributor
Verified
Everybody search for webkit exploit becouse you need first this , and after inside the webkit exploit you can execute the kernel exploit.

But we have webkit exploit from FW 4.0X and maybe for the 4.5x ... the problem is we have only the first step and not the second.

SpaceXX

Contributor
Wht!!! did he said, 4.7x too hackable, I knew, well it mean ps4 is more vulnerable than ps3 !!!

Waiting for 5.0 major firmware, let's see what happen then !!!!!

xiiflowx

Contributor
I thought chaitin tech signed a nda with Sony? Or are they just trying to make me jelly. On same topic of ps4 exploits wasn't there a zero day on fw 3.55 or 3.70 ? What happened to that?

JackQ

Contributor
Sometimes, I wish I had the time and skills to make my own jailbreak so I can laugh about these hackers arrogant.

Recent Articles
Cyberpunk 2077 4K Footage and New NBA 2K21 Zion PS5 Trailer Video
Since the last batch of PS5 Trailers some 4K gameplay footage of the upcoming RPG Cyberpunk 2077 by CD Projekt Red surfaced with a 2021 tentative release scheduled alongside a new NBA 2K21 PS5...
CTurt on FreeDVDBoot for PS3 / PS4 and Blu-ray BD-J Attacks
Long ago we saw the Original PS4 Jailbreak for 1.76 FW via BadIRET Exploitation (Github Articles), and following his recent FreeDVDBoot PS2 DVD Player Exploit PlayStation 4 developer @CTurt shared...
PS4 Package (PKG) Manager Homebrew Application by Pakee
PlayStation 4 homebrew developer @pakee of Pakee.xyz recently Contacted Us with news of his PS4 Package (PKG) Manager Homebrew Application public release stating: "I made software to manage...
Sony Unveils PlayStation Plus July Games Celebrating 10 Years of PS Plus
The year is nearly half over and in July the PlayStation Plus featured games are Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration, NBA 2K20 and Erica as Sony celebrates 10 years of PS Plus. 🥳 Here's...