Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter ryan111       Start date Feb 4, 2017 at 11:30 AM       31      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, following my Shingen Beta 4.00 crash report and Sony's Sasuke Beta 4.50 update I found a webkit crash in the latest Beta 2 Firmware and thought I would ask if it works for you guys too.

Here is the link: http://www.filldisk.com/

It tries to fill the disk of the PS4 but instead crashes after about 2 min.

NOTE: It does work on 4.50

It will not cause code execution, it is just a note cause it is the first one I have seen for 4.50.

:arrow: Update: I also found that TypedArray.fill can be used to exploit and crash PS4 Firmware 4.50 Beta for those who wish to host the html5 file on xampp.
PS4 Sasuke 4.50 Beta Webkit Crash Memory Overload Discovered.jpg

Comments

Not everything on the ps4 that gives a '' Not enough memory '' cant immediately linked to a vuln in webkit. a lot of basic functions can cause the webkit on ps4 to show that message. XD

I remember on the PS3 every time someone found a crash the devs would ask them the question... can you dump live memory from it?

Although I don't know if that still applies to PS4... things that make you go hmmm... :openedeyewink:

Like I said in the damn post if you can read

"It will not cause code execution, it is just a note cause it is the first one I have seen for 4.50" now read before you start getting mad

I remember on the PS3 every time someone found a crash the devs would ask them the question... can you dump live memory from it?

Although I don't know if that still applies to PS4... things that make you go hmmm... :openedeyewink:

on ps4 3.55 we can dump memory but we still have no public kexploit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back