Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Help       Thread starter becksterorange       4      
Status
Not open for further replies.

becksterorange

Contributor
Verified
My ps4 is booting to a black screen. I can't even get it to boot to safe mode. I get a blank screen no matter what I do. The power indicator is also white. After researching this problem, it seems to be an hdmi port problem.

I want to send it to a repair shop but I'm afraid they'll update my firmware too. Anyone had experience with sending their ps4 in for repairs?

Solution
you can simply request them to not update your firmware, even better is that you remove the hdd from your ps4 and then send it so that they will not be able to update your console and nobody has so much free time to insert a hew hdd in your console just to update it at the repairperson's shop.
If you send it to $0ny service center then most probably they will update however you can send it to some 3rd party repairperson and request the guy to not update your console.

Still if you are scared, and you have good soldering skills then you can order the hdmi port and perform the repair yourself.

No soldering skills here. I am sending it to a third party repair place. Guess I'll take my chances. It'll be less broke if my firmware gets updated. But still kinda broke till a new hen gets released.

you can simply request them to not update your firmware, even better is that you remove the hdd from your ps4 and then send it so that they will not be able to update your console and nobody has so much free time to insert a hew hdd in your console just to update it at the repairperson's shop.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back