Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Mar 24, 2018 at 10:14 PM       23      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the PS4 CoD: AW Mod, PS3 SPRX / EBOOT Game Mods and recent PS4API update today PlayStation 4 developer SwaqqDev shared PS4PRX details on creating and loading PS4 SPRX modules including a prx_writeup.pdf and PS4Prx.exe PS4 SPRX Loader utility. :cool:

Download: prx.zip (430.05 KB) / PS4Prx.exe (23.5 KB - Fixed PS4 SPRX Loader) / PRX_505 via Backporter (Kernel_Panic___ on Twitter)

To quote from Swaqq on the details: PS4 SPRX (Creating/Loading)

Hello Everyone! Today I'll be showing you guys how PRX module loading works on PS4 and how to create them!

First things first I wanted to make some notes about this topic.

As you may know if your from the PS3 scene, the SPRX compiler is absolute garbage. This is no longer an issue anymore, as everything I've tested has worked just fine!

I also wanted to mention some of the issues Sabotage and I ran into while working on this project. When I first started this project, I just built an SPRX and loaded it into WebKit and it worked just fine. The next challenge was getting it to load in-game.

My first thought was to use 2much4u's method of loading a payload into the game, which we did and executed the SPRX through his payload. Then we realized it wasn't working because the path didn't exist. The game couldn't find the path because we were stuck in the sandbox... So we broke out of it.

Finally! We had it working! But then we realized... this is a lot of extra work, so Sabotage ported the jailbreak into ASM aswell as the rest of the code which loaded the SPRX, and we loaded it like that. The next problem we ran into was that the game kept crashing randomly.

Eventually we realized that removing the game from the sandbox was creating the problem. This was because the game uses the path "/app0/", and while you're in the sandbox, the real path is "/mnt/sandbox/CUS.../app0/".

By removing the process from it's sandbox, it was looking for the game in "/" which it wasn't there, and therefore crashing your game. We got around this by re-jailing the process and putting it back into the sandbox after our module was loaded.

Everything you'll need for creating and loading SPRX modules is in the zip file I've provided. This is using Sony's PS4 *** which is not included, so get that on your own.

Currently, the app only supports COD4 1.02, but you can add support to other games on your own. There's a mini-tutorial in the PDF as-well as the tool it-self.

I WILL NOT be including my menu base anywhere, because it's literally just copied from my Xbox menu, however I'll release my research on the games.

Thanks and Happy Modding!

PS4 SPRX PoC
Cheers to Wr0zen for the heads-up on the news earlier today! :beer:
PS4 SPRX Modules Creation and Loading Detailed by Swaqq.jpg

Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back