Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Aug 26, 2020 at 8:47 AM       46      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since their previous revision and the 8.00 PS4 Beta, today Sony pushed live the latest 'system performance' update in PS4 System Software / Firmware 7.55 which many suspect fixes one of the recently reported vulnerabilities in the PlayStation Bug Bounty Program. :geek:

If this is the case, here's to hoping whoever cashed in on it will follow in the footsteps of theflow0 and after getting $ony's approval (disclosure log) publicly release the exploit that lead to the last PS4 Jailbreak so that scene developers can further examine the latest findings. <3

:alert: As always DON'T UPDATE if you wish to use PS4 game backups and homebrew apps whenever a new PS4 jailbreak exploit arrives, and we'll add any related Tweets below as PlayStation 4 scene developers have a chance to examine it.

Download: PS4 Firmware 7.55 Update (US) / PS4 Firmware 7.55 Update (EU) / PS4 Firmware 7.55 Update (UK) / PS4 Firmware 7.55 Update (AU/NZ) / PS4 Firmware 7.55 Update (JP) / Full_kernel_dump_7.55 by Karo.bin (101.8 MB) via @karo218 on Twitter

Below is the official 7.55 PS4 Firmware Changelog from Sony's page:

About PlayStation 4 system software version 7.55

Main features in version 7.55 update

• This system software update improves system performance.
:arrow: Here are some guides for those new on How to Block PS4 Firmware Updates, How to Delete Downloaded PS4 Update PUPs that haven't been installed yet, How to Update to a Specific PS4 Firmware and also some PS4 HEN Update Blocker Payloads.

Code:
 r158328/release_branches/release_07.550 Aug  5 2020 05:27:21
PS4 System Software Firmware 7.55 is Now Live, Don't Update!.jpg

Comments

It seems with every software update $ony is making it nearly impossible to make the system of PS4 jailbreakable as if it's an experimental device so that when PS5 comes out it will be the ultimate challenge for all the hackers arround the world and with the bug bounty program , my guess is that the jailbreak will die with the PS4 end

Smart move $ony.. :sneaky:

I didn't realize that $ony had to approve the release of a Bug Bounty reported bug. I thought there was a timer on the vulnerability reports and after XX days after they report it they can make it public.

I mean why would $ony every agree to releasing it, even after they have patched it?

That's why I use the esp8266 to prevent unwanted updates also there's another trick just remove the dvd player and for sure is upgradable proof, impossible to upgrade because of a hardware check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back