Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jan 15, 2018 at 9:58 PM       23      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those who missed their last PS4 Beta signup listen up: you can register now for Sony's PS4 System Software 5.50 Beta program beginning today in territories including Europe, Japan and the USA! :D

The cool thing about being in Sony's official PlayStation 4 Beta program beyond the ability to install PS4 Beta PUPs to check out new features before they go public, is while on PS4 Beta System Software (until the Final public version) Sony lets you roll back the Firmware by going to System Update in Settings to reload your existing Firmware there. :LOL:

This means if you're on 4.05 OFW and update to 5.50 Beta to access PSN and play new PS4 games then you'll be able to 'downgrade' back to 4.05 as long as you remain on the Beta Firmware while in Sony's program. :sneaky:

:alert: Warning: If you're on a jailbroken PS4 console don't update to the BETA as @DEFAULTDNB confirmed the following via Twitter, to quote:

"You can only downgrade to the current highest released OFW (in this case 6.20) regardless of what firmware you updated from. It's hard coded now."

And to quote from Sony Senior Product Marketing Manager Brian Dunn on the PS4 5.50 Beta Firmware Signups:

We’re getting ready for the next major system update for PS4, and can use some help from PS4 owners to test it out ahead of launch. Starting today, you can sign up for a chance to be a beta tester and get an advance look at some of the improvements and new features coming to PS4. And good news for Canadian folks – beginning this beta, PS4 owners in Canada are also able to register for the beta testing.

You can register to be a beta tester anytime between today and the start of the beta expected in February. Users must be 18 years or older. Once the beta starts, we’ll close registration.

Beta testers for our previous major system software update, version 5.00, got a preview of features like Family on PSN, friend list management, message improvements and much more before launch.

If you’re part of the program, you’ll receive an email with instructions on downloading the beta version of the next system software. In order to sign up, you’ll need a PS4 system with an internet connection and SEN account. And remember — you can roll back to the previous system software at any time.

And starting this beta, you can choose to be added to future betas automatically without having to register again. If you choose to do so, you’ll receive an exclusive PSN avatar.

We’ll be back soon with an update on the features you can expect in the beta. Many thanks to everyone signing up — especially our returning beta testers! Your feedback helps us make the system software update even better.
Cheers to @LightningMods for the news tip in the PSXHAX Shoutbox earlier! <3
PS4 System Software Update 5.50 Beta Signups Begin Today!.jpg

Attachments

• PS4 System Software Update 5.50 Beta Signups Begin Today 2.jpg
    PS4 System Software Update 5.50 Beta Signups Begin Today 2.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 2,299

Comments

What if I update to 5.50 beta and after I want to go back to 4.05 but the beta SW not allow me to go back, only 5.01? The Sony Beta TOS not mention anything about downgrading. Sorry for my English.

Registration Complete here in Canada.

Thanks for the link.... It's nice having multiple machines. ;)

Yes, you can usually go backwards from a beta.

if i stay to. 3.55 i can switch to beta 5.50 with pup in offline mode and go online, download all i want from. psn and than when i want, go. back to 3.55 in offline mode? what is steps to go it?

i think if i have 4.05 and update to the beta 5.50 i can go back to 5.03 the lastest official firmware otherwise I could go back to any firmware how can the beta remember the last firmware i was?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back