Category PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jul 27, 2020 at 1:47 AM       5,999       17            
Proceeding his PS4 IOCTL Nabber IDA 7.0-7.2 Script, today PlayStation 4 developer @SocraticBliss shared via Twitter a handy PS4 Unfself Python Script tool to turn Fake Signed ELFs back into normal ELF files for those who find themselves needing to unfself some PS4 binaries. 🧝‍♂️

Download: ps4_unfself.py / GIT

This comes following the previously released UnFSelf & SELFUtil, he sends BIG thanks out to flat_z, Znullptr, notzecoxao and from the README.md to quote: PS4 Unfself

SocraticBliss (R)

Big Thanks to Znullptr and flatz <3

... Oh and I guess zecoxao as well

This tool is for turning Fake Signed ELFs back into normal ELFs.

Instructions
  1. Find an .ELF file that has been fake signed and run the script!
Usage
Code:
python ps4_unfself.py [file]
PS4 Unfself Tool to Turn Fake Signed ELFs to Normal ELFs by SocraticBliss.jpg

Comments

wrlopez

Contributor
Verified
I think that's part of the reason of this scene being so hard to growth. Everybody is afraid of asking and no one wants to learn by himself.

Zoilus

Developer
Contributor
Verified
@wrlopez nope thats definitely not the reason. The reason is we live in a world where... although facts exists , people completely choose to ignore them and or just gloss over them.

They then say what THEY think is a fact because its easier and quicker, they just assume that what THEY process as being "so" is so because they thought it to be true and people now put what they believe to be so over what actually is.

What this tool does is in simple plain english.... it turns fpkg back to retail. That's it. But now the kiddos are going to go all over saying that this will allow retail 7.xx games to be played on 6.72 :rolleyes:

and that's the problem that you completely missed, because you were to busy making them a "victim" which they're not. They took the info and instead of asking they just drew their own false conclusions. And that's how all the bs and nonsense spreads.

Also, also... this scene didn't "grow" because there was no exploit... and that is the ONLY reason why it was stagnant. Now it's blown UP like a super nova x10000000000 in the past 2 weeks because of 6.72

This "scene" is no, worse, better and or equal to any other scene. I can take you to ANY forums, comments, discords... etc etc of any other "scene" since the year 1995 and show you how ridiculous they have ALL become and its been constant. There is NONE that is better, they're ALL the same.

DaRKeN58

Contributor
Verified
What are they afraid to ask? Hahaha. I think you mean THEY HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO ASK.

And if not, ask all developed who have been 2 years leaving warnings on Twitter to STOP ASKING FOR THE NEW EXPLOIT. Time that curiously agrees with the date of many registrations on these websites with profiles like yours that in 2 years only have 1 or 2 messages, coincidence, right?

Greetings ^_^

BloodyClaws

Contributor
@DaRKeN58
You mean like me? ;)

Actually I'm an old mfr and all my old modding forums (except this one) dont exist anymore. Obviously I wasn't active here. Done with modding anyway. Always end up with far to many unplayed games every console release.

I only commented because yours above was great.

Recent Articles
PS4 IPv6 UAF 6.70-6.72 Kernel Exploit with Patches, Maybe More Stable!
Since his PS4 Save Mounter Utility release, the PS4 6.20 ROP Execution Method, PS4 Webkit Bad_Hoist Exploit, 7.02 PS4 KEX, PS4 Webkit Exploit 6.72 Port, PS4 6.72 Jailbreak Exploit, Backporting PS4...
PS4 JSON-2-SHA1 Python Script for Game PKG Files by Hosamn
Following the JSON Format details, PS4 PKGs via SEN and the JSON Entitlement Grabber Add-on this weekend developer hosamn made available a PS4-JSON-2-SHA1 Python Script for use in checking the...
PKGDT: PS4 PKG Downgrade Tools GUI for Backporting Games by Gerfra
There's no shortage of options when seeking a Windows utility for PS4 Backporting games from 6.72 to 5.05 Firmware, with the latest being PKGDT which is a suite of PS4 PKG Downgrade Tools...
Noob404 1Click Downport Patch Maker to Downport Small PS4 PKGs
Here's the third of @noob404's recent PS4 downporting apps, following his 1Click PS4 Batch Downporter from earlier today the Noob404 1Click Downport Patch Maker is used to downport small PS4 PKGs...