Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PSXHAX

Staff Member
Verified
Today PlayStation 4 homebrew developer DVSoftware has made available an open-source PS4 Video Player dubbed PS4Player Video Streamer for the Sony PlayStation 4 followed by some updates with details below.

Download: PS4Player / GIT

To quote: Hi all, I just released a PS4 Video Player that can stream videos from your computer over the network. It's still in development phase, but already supports all major formats and subtitles. Best of all, it's open-source!

PS4Player

Video Streamer for Sony PlayStation 4

All of this is possible thanks to HTML5 Video support in PlayStation 4 web browser. Keep in mind that it requires a powerful CPU that can encode H264 videos in realtime.

How to use:

OSX
  • Install node.js from nodejs.org
  • Clone/Download this repository
  • Open Terminal App, and enter the folder where You cloned/extracted the files
  • Install required applications and libraries using homebrew (brew.sh)
Code:
brew install ffmpeg --enable-libx264 --enable-libfaac --enable-libass
brew install icu4c
ln -s /usr/local/Cellar/icu4c/*/bin/icu-config /usr/local/bin/icu-config
ln -s /usr/local/Cellar/icu4c/*/include/unicode /usr/local/include
  • Run npm install to install node.js dependencies
  • Run node server.js to start the application
  • Go to http://[ip of your computer]:8080/ using PlayStation 4 web browser
  • Grab some popcorn and enjoy
Linux

Will be updated later but should be similar to OSX.

Windows

I don't use Windows, patches are welcome.

FAQ

Q: I have a 3D (SBS/OU) movie and my subtitles appear stretched, how to fix this?

A: Use code.google.com/p/sub3dtool/ to convert the subtitle to .ass format which supports 3D subtitles. Built in support for 3D subtitles will be added later.

Q: My computer can't keep up with encoding speed, is there anything i can do?

A: Get a faster computer or edit server.js and fiddle with ffmpeg parameters (try changing the preset). A configuration option might be added later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back