Category PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter MrNiato       Start date May 10, 2018 at 5:17 AM       16,458       16            
Yesterday I was using the payload from @LightningMods on my 4.55 PS4 Testkit FAT, trying to do some modifications.

So, I go to /system/priv/settings and found some XML files (pictured below).

I open them, trying to do some modification and replaces them. After that, I went to the Debug Settings --> Boot Parameters and saw a new thing that I never seen before.

PS4 VSH_4K_Mode Boot Parameter on FAT in Debug Settings 2.jpg

This is called vsh_4k_mode.

PS4 VSH_4K_Mode Boot Parameter on FAT in Debug Settings.jpg

After a reboot it disappear.

PS4 VSH_4K_Mode Boot Parameter on FAT in Debug Settings 3.jpg

So I open up the files and as you can see I saw the vsh_4k_mode on the XML but I still don't know how I enabled it

PS4 VSH_4K_Mode Boot Parameter on FAT in Debug Settings 4.png

Also in the ***s document the mode never appear

PS4 VSH_4K_Mode Boot Parameter on FAT in Debug Settings 5.png

Same for all theses settings !

PS4 VSH_4K_Mode Boot Parameter on FAT in Debug Settings 6.png

Also on my Twitter you'll find a PlayStation File Archive I used for my database at PSX Times.

Download: PSX Times Upload

:idea: Reminder: Those without a Verified Badge yet on Discord to access the private areas we recommend Joining Us! Why? The waiting process takes a week for new Members, and there's a lot we're unable to share on public forums including the latest PS4 PKG Games. 🏴‍☠️

Comments

Panterazul

Contributor
Can somebody tell me what the benefit is for using this? I have the fat ps4 as well. Thanks

:idea: Reminder: Those without a Verified Badge yet on Discord to access the private areas we recommend Joining Us! Why? The waiting process takes a week for new Members, and there's a lot we're unable to share on public forums including the latest PS4 PKG Games. 🏴‍☠️

Chaos Kid

Developer
Contributor
not exactly true. it's no different then looking thro info in dev kit and noticing how even ps3 *** is used. just cause Sony says ps4 has 4K support don't mean fats can't handle it there is very little difference between the models.

Chaos Kid

Developer
Contributor
there's 2 parts to this stuff software and hardware they work together while to some basis @mschumacher69 is correct. but at the same time no one considered looking at the systems initial files to compare between fat and 4k models and swap using extreme caution.

Recent Articles
Minecraft Dungeons Battles Onto New PS4 Game Releases Next Week
Inspired by classic dungeon crawlers, get ready to begin a new quest in the action adventure game Minecraft Dungeons, set in the unmistakable blocky Minecraft universe next week on PlayStation 4...
SpecterDev Shares Low-Level Details on Porting MUSL to PS4
Since the OpenOrbis PlayStation 4 Toolchain release and related guides on his YouTube Channel, PS4 scene developer @SpecterDev of SpecterDev.ca (Patreon) shared via Twitter a Blog Post detailing...
Sony's Days of Play 2020 Sale Offers Deals on Games and More
With Memorial Day weekend and the unofficial start of summer upon us things are heating up outside as well as in Sony's Days of Play 2020 sale with deals on PlayStation games, accessories, PS Now...
Super Console Wars 1.0 PS4 Homebrew Game PKG by Lapy & Acekone1!
A few weeks back we saw PS4-Xplorer File Manager Theme and Avatar Maker followed by a PS4-Xplorer 1.19 update, and today PlayStation 4 homebrew developer @Lapy returns via Twitter with designer...