Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Oct 18, 2021 at 12:05 AM       37      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following confirmation of the PlayStation 4 WebKit Vulnerability, PlayStation 5 WebKit Vulnerability and even more reports of PS4 / PS5 WebKit Vulnerabilities the latest testing by Zellix67 on Twitter affecting Sony's PS4 WebKit now includes a JavaScriptCore: Uninitialized Register in Slow_Path_Profile_Catch (CVE-2021-30797) courtesy of ifratric via Project Zero. :geek:
PlayStation 4 Scene developer @Al Azif commented on Twitter: "So to everyone thinking the webkit vulnerabilities will lead to a exploit soon, there were 3 prior vulnerabilities that nothing was ever done with. It's neat making a list of ones that work, but..."

Additionally, @zecoxao reminds those asking for new PS4 Jailbreak exploits on Twitter: "you need to have patience šŸ˜•" noting "if you're really that desperate, just get a PS4 on 7.55 and below :)" while stating that "sleirs is currently checking the font face one" ...so fingers crossed on @sleirsgoevy's (Twitter) examination under way. šŸ¤ž

Finally, it's :alert: not advisable :alert: to update neither your PS4 nor PS5 consoles as further userland work is required by an experienced developer alongside a kernel-level exploit (KEX) for successful jailbreaking.
PS4 WebKit Vulnerable to Slow_Path_Profile_Catch (CVE-2021-30797).png

Comments

@longcoming we need a cold boot exploit to have CFW. We should able to modify boot proccess codes for CFW. And i think there is no public exploit for coldboot, just WebKit exploit.

I know I'm not the only person just wishing everyone would WAIT stop asking it drives the devs insane there's disclosure processes they go thru and adhere to for those awfully tasty bug bounties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back