Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 CFW and Hacks       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Sep 12, 2018 at 1:44 AM       277      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since his PS4Updates.py python script, PlayStation 4 developer Zer0xFF returns with PS4_db_rebuilder which will restore your FPKGs (Fake Packages) after rebuilding the PS4 database. (y)

Download: PS4_db_rebuilder (Latest Release) / GIT / release_0.1.EXTERNAL.zip (v0.1 rebuilder for external only) via thxalot60 / Restore_DB_PS4_2020.rar (30 KB - For 6.72) / PS4_db_rebuilder_6.72-0.2.zip (Python Script with added support for 6.72 FW) / GIT Fork by lKinderBueno / PS4_db_rebuilder_6.72_7.02_7.55.zip (23.6 KB - compatible with PS4 6.72, 7.02 and 7.55) / GIT Fork by hippie68 / Tutorial by VitoPS4 / PS4_db_Rebuilder_EXT-0.1.zip via @aizenar78
Here's further details from the README.md file, to quote: PS4_db_rebuilder

PS4 built in database rebuilder has the tendency to remove FPKG from the database, this will repopulate the database with them

Requirement
How-to-use
  1. recursively clone this repo or download a Release
  2. start FTP server on the PS4
  3. run the python script though terminal/cmdline python3 fix_db.py PS4_IP (command for external via sp0k: py fix_db.py PS4_IP)
  4. wait for the script to finish, then logout of the PS4 user without closing the browser
  5. log back in and all your games should be there again
:arrow: Update: From the README.md forked by lKinderBueno: PS4_db_rebuilder - Updated to 6.72

PS4 built in database rebuilder has the tendency to remove FPKG from the database, this will repopulate the database with them

requirement
  • Python (preferably 3.0+)
how-to-use
  1. recursively clone this repo or download a Release
  2. start FTP server on the PS4
  3. run the python script though terminal/cmdline python3 fix_db.py PS4_IP
  4. wait for the script to finish, then logout of the PS4 user without closing the browser
  5. log back in and all your games should be there again
Changelog
  • Fixed error "table tbl_appbrowse_XXXXXXX has 53 columns but 47 values were supplied"
  • Support to FW 6.72
PS4_DB_Rebuilder to Restore FPKGs After PS4 Database Rebuilding.jpg

Comments

My ps4 is on 9.0. I made a mess with all my games and im trying to fix with Zer0xFF / PS4_db_rebuilder so far did not work for me:
Code:
Processing table: tbl_appbrowse_0272694696
       Processing GameID: CUSA03041... Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "C:\900\PS4_db_rebuilder_6.72_7.02_7.55\fix_db_goldhen.py", line 81, in <module>
   cusa = get_game_info_by_id(GameID)
 File "C:\900\PS4_db_rebuilder_6.72_7.02_7.55\fix_db_goldhen.py", line 44, in get_game_info_by_id
   info[GameID].size = ftp.size("/user/app/%s/app.pkg" % GameID)
 File "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\PythonSoftwareFoundation.Python.3.9_3.9.2544.0_x64__qbz5n2kfra8p0\lib\ftplib.py", line 630, in size
   resp = self.sendcmd('SIZE ' + filename)
 File "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\PythonSoftwareFoundation.Python.3.9_3.9.2544.0_x64__qbz5n2kfra8p0\lib\ftplib.py", line 281, in sendcmd
   return self.getresp()
 File "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\PythonSoftwareFoundation.Python.3.9_3.9.2544.0_x64__qbz5n2kfra8p0\lib\ftplib.py", line 254, in getresp
   raise error_perm(resp)
ftplib.error_perm: 550 The file doesn't exist.
I have 250 games on external hard drive apptousb

any suggestion ? Thanks

@anagia No luck for me either. I posted on his gitub page, but there looks to be a BUNCH of unanswered questions on there and it doesn't look like he has been active :(

There really isn't much you can do until Zer0xFF answers and describes how to fix, apart from starting from scratch (Keep in mind though if you go through the process of "reinstalling" all the games it is hard on the internal HD, even though you app2usb them to the external).

I've had to do this a couple of times... and once I restarted from scratch by reinstalling the entire external HD... in that scenario I had 768 on my external HD. TBH I'm surprised that there hasn't been any other developers come up with an update or newer GUI version of this App with all the other developments that have been done as of late? It is a MUCH needed App, because when you loose the symlinks... it's disastrous!!

I know for some people using the CMD with admin rights works...others have to use Powershell? Also try a different version of python... I just checked mine and it is Python 3.7.0b1??

the problem is the script. Python is fine 3.x. Lest there will be someone who modifies the script in the correct way we will not be able to fix the situation because we used apptousb. In fact, the script fix is used only in the case that the games have been installed in the internal and external hard disk with the normal way of playstation 4.

Hopefully some dev will make a script for the case (apptousb). What I am doing now is to reinstall all external games to the internal hard drive with the application of lapy. Using apptousb the games the simlinks are repaired and the dlc are not lost. Unfortunately it will take me many days.. anyway better than nothing because the games and the dlc are not lost.

Hi,
I've made a backup of my app.db about 2 days ago but installed 3 games a couple hrs ago and i have accidentally rebuild my database, because the browser was really slow and i didnt think about the missing FPKGs when doing a DB restore.

I've tried the DB Rebuilder but i just get a syntax error. My question is now; if i completely wipe the console (factory reset) does it also delete the not showing applications or are they still there?

Btw. i am using a PS4 PRO at FW 9.00 I've tried aizenar's and Zer0xFF's DB rebuilder

@reno5gtt did you have games on External HD with App2USB used? (not the official sony extended storage) And also did you use the goldhen py or ftp py? CMD with admin or Powershell?

i tried that script you linked @reno5gtt and it didn't fix the symlinks on any external Fpkg game. I ran the 9.00 exploit... turned on both the bin and ftp server in the golden hen (in system settings) went back to the www page exploit and tried running the py in the xploit window and also loading the ftp payload and then running py script. Neither fixes my External packages so i'd love to know exactly what steps you are doing @reno5gtt

All my games are installed on internal HDD, database rebuild wiped out all the fpkg games.

I'm using goldhen, used the correct script from the GitHub I linked.

Logged out and back in on the PS4 and all fpkg games returned and working as normal.

I couldn't tell you if the script searches internal HDD only or also any connected external HDD's

@reno5gtt there is no correct script for external games with fw9.00. Yes the script will work for INTERNAL HD games, BUT this is NOT the issue... issue is EXTERNAL HD! Peeps that have installed games to an Ext HD and using App2USB to store games (in my case over 500+) need to find a correct working version of the db_rebuild script.

A few people have replied the script works on fw9.00 without reading that the issue is specifically trying to get EXTERNAL HD games (ps4 and ps2 remakes) to repair! Not internal, but thanks for the reply anyway.

I think you may have been confused @stripnwild my first post wasn't a reply to your specific issue with external HDD. Just a general statement as the none of the links show they also cover 9.00 firmware yet.

I haven't read every post in this thread, just posting my own experience.

If your sure you are following all the author's instructions to the letter it's possible the script doesn't even look at the external HDD. You might want to contact the author directly for clarification on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back