Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Sep 29, 2018 at 12:58 AM       7      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier this week we saw a decked out PS4 AIO Offline 5.05 Exploit Playground, and recently CelliesProjects made available what he calls PS4Brew 5.05 for ESP32 and ESP8266 devices in 5.05 jailbreaking aimed at PlayStation 4 minimalists. :geek:

Prior to PS4Brew 5.05 for ESP32 / ESP8266, he's also used ESP8266 boards for other projects including an ESP8266 Temp Server with further details and pictures on his Dutch blog.

Download: esp32-ps4-jailbreak.ino.esp32.bin / esp32-ps4-jailbreak-master.zip / ESP32 GIT / ESP8266-ps4-jailbreak-master.zip / ESP8266 GIT

:idea: Those giving it a try may want to grab the Latest PS4HEN version, and from the README.md to quote: esp32-ps4-jailbreak

This is a minimal implementation of the PS4 hack by qwertyoruiopz. It only contains the 'PS4HEN v1.6'.

You will need an ESP32 board with 4MB flash memory and a PS4 on fw 5.05 to use the software.

How to flash your ESP32:

Using Arduino IDE:

1. Download AsyncTCP and ESPAsyncWebServer and install these libraries in the Arduino libraries folder. Restart the Arduino IDE after this step.

2. Unpack the latest release zipfile.

3. Flash the compiled software to your ESP32.
Using pre-compiled binaries:
  1. Flash the pre-compiled esp32-ps4-jailbreak.ino.esp32.bin file to 0x00010000.

2. Use this command (Linux) to flash the binary to an esp32 with a default partition table:
    ~/Arduino/hardware/espressif/esp32/tools/esptool.py --chip esp32 --port /dev/ttyUSB0 --baud 921600 --before default_reset --after hard_reset write_flash -z --flash_mode dio --flash_freq 80m 0x10000 esp32-ps4-jailbreak.ino.esp32.bin
    (you might have to adjust some things for your particular board)
How to connect and install PS4HEN:
  1. The ESP32 will start an accesspoint named ESP32 5.05 jailbreak server.

2. Connect to this AP with your PS4 and browse to http://192.168.4.1/ to enable PS4HEN on your PS4.
Credits:

Specter, IDC, qwertyoruiopz, Flatz, CTurt, Mistawes, XVortex, Al-Azif

:arrow: And to quote from the other README.md: esp8266-ps4-jailbreak

This is a minimal implementation of the PS4 hack by qwertyoruiopz. It only contains the 'PS4HEN v1.6'.

You will need an ESP8266 board with 4MB flash memory and a PS4 on fw 5.05 to use the software.

How to flash your ESP8266:
  1. Download ESPAsyncTCP and ESPAsyncWebServer and install these libraries in the Arduino libraries folder.

2. Restart the Arduino IDE after this step.

3. Unpack the latest release zipfile.

4. Compile and flash the software to your ESP8266.
How to connect and install PS4HEN:
  1. The ESP8266 will start an accesspoint named ESP8266 5.05 jailbreak server.

2. Connect to this AP with your PS4 and browse to http://192.168.4.1/ to enable PS4HEN on your PS4.
Credits:

Specter, IDC, qwertyoruiopz, Flatz, CTurt, Mistawes, XVortex, Al-Azif

PS4Brew 5.05 for ESP32 and ESP8266 Devices by CelliesProjects.jpg

Comments

Thanks for that!

@PSXHAX : How can I post something here ? I created a lot of Cheats.fpkgs for PS4 and i try to create a Thread for that but...?

Can you help me ?

Have a good week-end! :)

I just got an ESP32_Core_board_V2 with ESP-WROOM-32 and after reading a few things I would like to clarify some things before I dig in. Can you please tell me if I have understood correctly?

My assumption is that there are (at least) 2 ways to use it to connect to a WiFi (and I guess Bluetooth but let's leave this for now).

First way is that it comes with preloaded firmware which makes it work as a serial to WiFi bridge. In order to communicate with it you have to connect either your PC (e.g. use Python with serial over USB to send commands) or another MCU to its UART peripheral.

Second way is you use an IDE and you actually program and flash the ESP32 with whatever you want to do to connect to the WiFi thus eliminating a need for external MCU or PC. From what I saw it is really popular to program with Arduino.

If the above are true then a couple of follow up questions:
  1. If the first way is correct does that mean that these are the AT commands? So I go to the user manual find the AT section and figure out which commands I need to send in order to be able to connect to the access point.
  2. Where can I find the WiFi stack to use with my code if I try to go down the second route? Is that in the dev kit? I haven't downloaded this yet.
  3. If I flash the ESP32 with something bad and I want to restore the preloaded firmware where can I find its binary?

Hello, i want to ask what make and what type of esp8266 to buy for a PS4. Or maybe it's better to buy ESP32? What exploit is the best to use? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back