previous release, here are some recent PS4Debug updates to my PlayStation 4 debugger application introducing the Debug Watch utility.
A debugger with software breakpoints, hardware breakpoints, pause, stop, read memory, write memory, and all other sorts of functionality! You can use this along side my old project jkpatch or by itself.
Debug Watch - A simple tool I made to test the debugger out!
Download: debugwatch.zip (1.36 MB) / debugwatch.zip (Mirror) / ps4debug.bin
Here is a cool video of me finding ammo and patching it on Call of Duty Ghosts...
My YouTube channel also contains other videos involving the debugger, and more soon?
- to actually finish the project
- single stepping (already here?)
- better support for scanning memory
- changing protection of a memory region
- calling function (just like jkpatch, I just need to copy the code really)
- major improvement in Debug Watch memory scanning (wrote this in like 30 min)
Make sure to join the PS4 Source discord for any questions, or game modding help!
- fpr structure wrong?
- sometimes clearing watchpoint wont work, pause the process then try
- make Debug Watch actually a decent tool
- memory scanning is terrible
- software breakpoints suck (throw a ton of interrupts for some reason??)
- games with massive memory maps crash when attaching or viewing mappings (gta v, bo3, fix soon)
^ I am usually hanging out here
As for developers looking to make tools with this, documentation may come soon but just take the libdebug.dll from Debug Watch and look at the comments for method metadata. I will post the full source for libdebug very soon on my github, probably in the same repo as ps4debug.
Created by golden
As always the source code can be found on my github... https://github.com/xemio/ps4debug