Category PS4 Jailbreaking       Thread starter g991       Start date Jul 23, 2018 at 11:28 PM       15,490       29            
Following the previous release, here are some recent PS4Debug updates to my PlayStation 4 debugger application introducing the Debug Watch utility. :geek:

A debugger with software breakpoints, hardware breakpoints, pause, stop, read memory, write memory, and all other sorts of functionality! You can use this along side my old project jkpatch or by itself.

Debug Watch - A simple tool I made to test the debugger out!

Download: debugwatch.zip (1.36 MB) / debugwatch.zip (Mirror) / ps4debug.bin

Here is a cool video of me finding ammo and patching it on Call of Duty Ghosts...

My YouTube channel also contains other videos involving the debugger, and more soon?

Coming Soon!
  • to actually finish the project
  • single stepping (already here?)
  • better support for scanning memory
  • changing protection of a memory region
  • calling function (just like jkpatch, I just need to copy the code really)
  • major improvement in Debug Watch memory scanning (wrote this in like 30 min)
Known Bugs
  • fpr structure wrong?
  • sometimes clearing watchpoint wont work, pause the process then try
  • make Debug Watch actually a decent tool
  • memory scanning is terrible
  • software breakpoints suck (throw a ton of interrupts for some reason??)
  • games with massive memory maps crash when attaching or viewing mappings (gta v, bo3, fix soon)
Make sure to join the PS4 Source discord for any questions, or game modding help!
https://discord.gg/WXgmWFh
^ I am usually hanging out here

As for developers looking to make tools with this, documentation may come soon but just take the libdebug.dll from Debug Watch and look at the comments for method metadata. I will post the full source for libdebug very soon on my github, probably in the same repo as ps4debug.

Created by golden <3
As always the source code can be found on my github... https://github.com/xemio/ps4debug

PS4Debug PlayStation 4 Debugger Updates by G991 (Golden).png

Comments

Recent Articles
PlayStation Store Offers September Savings, Up to 70% Off PSN Games
Just in time for fall, Sony's PlayStation Store September Savings sale is underway and offers savings of up to 70% off select PS4, PS Vita and PS3 games through October 1st at 8 AM Pacific time...
NAO PS4 Control: NAO Robots with PS4 DualShock 4 Controller by Caiit
Proceeding the WiFi Rover for RPi DS4 PS4 Controller earlier this week, today developer Caiit committed on Github NAO PS4 Control which as the name implies allows you to control a NAO Robot with a...
A Breaking Bad Movie El Camino Hits Netflix on October 11, 2019
After watching Season 4 of the prequel Better Call Saul and realizing Season 5 won't arrive until 2020 🤬, it's nearly time to jump ahead as next month on October 11th Netflix (with a second run by...
PS4 Android Application APK to Mod BO3 1.00 for 5.05 FW by MrNiato
Earlier this month we saw an All Clients Black Ops 3 (BO3) Zombie PS4 RTM Tool by PlayStation 4 homebrew developer @MrNiato, and today he shared on Twitter a PS4 Android Application to Mod BO3...