Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This weekend PlayStation 4 developer @seb5594 (Twitter) made available on his Github repository a PS4KernelDlSym Symbol Resolver / List Creator which is a tool for PS4 scene developers that analyzes all direct calls to ps4KernelSym dynamically generating an offset table containing all kernel symbol names for reference. :geek:

Download: ps4sdk.ps4KernelDlSym.List.Creator.exe / Gee.External.Capstone.dll / Gee.External.Capstone.xml / GIT

Version 1.00

This release matches the requirements from README (https://github.com/seb5594/ps4KernelDlSym-reference-analyzer/blob/master/README.md).

I am unsure about the 32 bit (x86) disassembler library, because this application runs on my PC, even if all dependencies are deleted. That's the reason why i am giving out all dependencies. If some resource is not required, open an issue!

And from the README.md, to quote: ps4sdk ps4KernelDlSym Symbol Resolver

The PS4SDK ps4KernelDlSym Symbol Resolver is a windows forms application (requires .NET 4.0), which has been made to fit my needs for ps4 compiled payloads using as example my version of Hitodamas open source PS4 ***. This tool has been made to generate dynamically an offset table containing all kernel symbol names and the corresponding offsets, where are getting called in a executable.

In the current state, it is impossible to resolve stacked function calls. If I feel to, I will extend this application with the feature of stacked function calls. You are permitted to use/edit this source code, as long you are referencing to this project.

Requirements (for usage)
  • .NET 4.0
  • ps4sdk compiled payload(s)
  • brain
How does it work?

This application uses the open source disassembler library Capstone.NET, which is a core functionality to analyze function calls in x86_64 assemblies compiled binaries (payload/s), for further development reasons, by extracting the text sections of the payload elf file using ElfIO by therifboy it resolves all absolute calls to ps4KernelDlSym and it outputs a list of all symbol name(s), which are required to execute the payload! The resulting output will be displayed as a raw list (default) or in a c-styled array (my preferred way).

Options

The GUI offers the possibility to order the result in execution order or alphabetical. It is also possible, to output the result in a c-styled array!

ToDo (coming soon?)
  • Resolve stacked symbol names (might be added, when i feel to!)
Contribute

Feel free to submit pull requests, to improve the development of this project!

PS4KernelDlSym Symbol Resolver List Creator Reference Analyzer by Seb5594.jpg

Comments

I wish they would release another emulator for the ps4, there are not enough. Thankfully this is for end users to enjoy! No wait... the scene is still horse crap!

It would be really neat if he showed an example of how it works, as a lot of payloads that I end up building with the *** are typically just binary exploit payloads...

@showmethehax it's funny how you think a modding scene that doesn't allow you to backup games and mod/cheat online ...is horse crap. Can't wait to see how you're gonna feel when eventually sony, MS and nintendo all adopt the stadia model and there will be no digital downloads or physical games anymore, hence nothing to steal and or mod online.

This scene isn't horse crap, its a result of companies making security tougher to protect their I.P. and the stadia model gives them exactly that. I wonder what you think of the XB1 scene!? oh wait , there isn't one.

yeah get used to that, because after this coming generation of consoles, there will be no modding scenes anymore. At least not for stealing and or modding games, that's coming to an end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back