Zecoxao Tutorial, 1.76 BurtE Guide and most recently the Video Guide by Modded_Warfare today PlayStation 4 developer @0x199 made available a noob-friendly Socat mod called PS4KernelHooksHelper via Twitter to easily send kernel_hooks to your PS4 and grab the logs alongside a condensed guide on SCE.Party for how to run PS4 backups games.
Download: PS4KernelHooksHelper.rar (87 KB)
To quote from his new PlayStation 4 hacking site SCE.Party: How to Run Backup Games
In this tutorial I will explain how to run backup games using tools to make the process easier.
First you will need five things:
Now you have that ready, let's get started.
- 1.76 PS4
- FileZilla installed on your PC
- A backup of a game (you can find them here)
- PS4KernelHooksHelper (you can find it here)
- Local ELF loader
Preparing the PS4
Loading the backup
- Load FTP + Debug Settings from a playground on your PS4.
- In FileZilla, go to the /data/ folder and make a new folder called CUSAXXXXX
- Put the backup game in the CUSAXXXXX folder.
- Reboot the PS4.
All done! Your backup is now running on your 1.76 PS4.
- Load up your local ELF loader and let it get to stage 5.
- In your PS4KernelHooksHelper folder, run PS4KernelHooksHelper.bat
- In the dialog, type S and press enter.
- When it doesn't give you an error message, type L to grab the logs.
- When it says "succesfully started" in the logs at the very bottom, load up The Playroom.
Also below from @ZeraTron (Twitter) is a another tutorial via SCE.Party on How to Run Backups as Full Games, to quote:
In this tutorial, you are going to learn how to setup and use a game backup.
PS: I'm not gonna explain how to setup the web browser and the elf loader in this tutorial, you are on your own.
- 1.76 PS4
- A disk game running on 1.76
- The backup payload corresponding to your disk game
- The elf loader
- A decrypted backup
Payloads to run backups. Download the one corresponding to the disk game you want to use to boot backups.
Payloads haven't been tested yet, but should works. Report to ZeraTron_ if there's any problem. Also note that if you know the CUSA code of the the missing payloads, you can contact me to give me them so I can add the payloads.
- (CUSA00419) GTA V
- (CUSA00803) CoD: AW
- (CUSA00018) CoD: Ghost
- (CUSA00223) inFAMOUS: Second Son
- (CUSA00219) Destiny
- (CUSA00021) Watch Dogs
- (CUSA00556) The Last of Us Remastered
If you can't find the game you would like to use, refer to the Contact section at the bottom of this page. usb based versions will comes soon as well.
- (CUSA00411) GTA V
- (CUSA00851) CoD: AW
- (CUSA00003) Drive Club
- (CUSA00004) inFAMOUS: Second Son
- (CUSA00568) Destiny
- (CUSA00016) Watch Dogs
- (CUSA00462) Far Cry 4
- (CUSA00002) Killzone Shadow Fall
- (CUSA01004) Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition
- (CUSA00128) FIFA 14
Once the requirements full filled, you are ready to begin!
Keep in mind this tutorial is in WIP and will be more detailed later.
- Download the payload corresponding to the disk game you want to use to boot backups.
- Enable FTP on the PS4 using the playground, and connect using a FTP client.
- Navigate to /data/ and copy your backup folder inside it.
- When the transfer is done, rename the backup folder to match the name of the payload.
- You can now reboot the console to clear the memory from paste payloads, and launch the elf loader.
- While in the elf loader, send the payload. To ensure the payload ran, check the system settings, if the FW is 50.00, the payload ran.
- You can now launch your game disk, and you should boot up inside the backup you have setup before.
- ZeraTron, Tutorial author and payloads creator.
- Zecoxao, Original kernel_hooks payload creator.
- 0x199, sce.party owner, and a good friend.
- All the PS4 scene, for being so awesome.
- For any support: @ZeraTron_
- For any suggestion regarding the tutorial itself: @ZeraTron_
- For any suggestion regarding the design: @0x199
And from SCE.Party is also a Tutorial: How To Use the Local ELF Loader as follows, to quote:
I've seen many people struggle with this, including myself when I first tried it out so in this tutorial I will explain how to use the local ELF loader.
First off, you will need the ELF loader which you can find by clicking here.
I will try to keep it as simple as possible. Let's get started.
I hope this tutorial helped some of you out.
- Extract the ELF loader to your desktop.
- Open start.bat, it should give you "serving [directory] on port [port]"
- Open the command prompt.
- In the command prompt, type ipconfig
- You will now see your IP address configuration. Look for IPv4 Address.
- Head over to your PS4 browser and type in the address bar: http://YOURIPv4:PORT, where [PORT] would be the port from the start.bat and of course [YOURIPv4] would be the IP from the ipconfig.
- Then press R2 to go to the website. You will now see the ELF loader quickly going to stage 5 without any errors.
Cheers to @UmarDaBest559 for the heads-up in the PSXHAX Shoutbox earlier tonight!