Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Inspired by PS4 PKG Integrity Checker from @MagicSeb, today PlayStation 4 developer @unknownqx shared a PC application he calls PS4PKGVerifier followed by v1.1, v1.2 that can be used to verify PS4 PKG integrity on multiple files with an improved GUI, v1.3, v1.4 and PS4PKGVerifier v2.0 with more details below. šŸ˜ƒ

Download: PS4PKGVerifier2.0.zip (2.4 MB)

Spoiler: Depreciated

He initially made it for his own use and then decided, to quote: "Maybe someone will be interested in using it" so those who'd like to can check it out and share feedback below! :tup:

PS4PKGVerifier Changelog:

v1.0
  • First version
v1.1
  • Small GUI bugfixes
  • Added filename printing do debug window (useful if you are verifying a lot of PKGs)
v1.2
  • Added drag&drop support (you can drag PKG files or folders containing PKG files)
  • Changed Trophy, Npbind, Nptitle "Missing" color to orange because it is not critical
v1.3
  • Progressbar added
  • "LOAD PKGs" button allows selecting multiple files at once (you can still drag & drop folders or PKG files)
  • Automatic deselction of checked files
  • Application responsiveness improved
v1.4
  • Previous version was always showing Trophy, Npbind, Nptitle as missing. Fixed.
v2.0
  • Target framework updated to .NET Framework 4.8
  • PS4-Fake-PKG-Tools updated to 3.87 v5
Credits to:

CyB1K for PS4-Fake-PKG-Tools

šŸ”„ Finally, those who haven't done so yet may want to become a Verified Member to access private areas with the latest PS4 FPKGs including 6.72 PS4JB to 5.05 PS4JB game backports, patches and updates we're unable to post on public forums.
PS4PKGVerifier 1.0 GUI App to Verify PS4 PKG Integrity by Unknownqx.jpg

Comments

Hi, I have used this tool to check the pkg files I have downloaded from PSN, I have checked this on a game I have already installed, but it showed me integrity bad for all the files but when I was installing them I only had issues with one file. "XXX_5.pkg", everything else installed without an issue.

1. I don't have a hacked PS4, I'm on latest firmware.
2. Non of the pkg files I have are patched, just fresh one I download from my accounts.
3. 20% of game pkgs I download shows corrupted while installing using PSX Download helper, I have to downloaded corrupted amount from the sever time to time to fix it. can't I use this software to verify them?

I hope I didn't ask out of topic question, if I did, I'm sorry about it. Have a good day!

recent duplex shared dlcs are giving a bad integrity. Can you please check that fact ?

why some pkgs give bad integrity, where they all works ?
cant understand it..

@arfgh in the past duplex releases had zeroes in checksums. i think they are skipping digest (checksum) calculation during pkg building process, because it's faster this way. unfortunately it causes verification to fail.

^^ yes but, i cant understand how even with ps4 viewer some pkgs just give error, maybe that you are explaining, but can you please point the setting when creating pkgs, that cause this problem ?

@arfgh it's hard to say because we don't know what tool duplex is using and i have never been able to generate similar pkg with hash-check failing. i saw this problem earlier, on 5.05 or 6.72 firmwares (only on duplex releases).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back