Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS5 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Nov 14, 2017 at 2:10 AM       37      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every now and then we add to our PlayStation 5 News forum section, and following the last batch we received word via e-mail overnight from French 3D Artist Julien Kervarrec with some fresh PS5 controller concept designs to share with the community! :love:

Check them all out and share your feedback in the comments below, and if you like the PlayStation 5 controller concept designs you can find more of his work on his Blog. Enjoy all! :lovewins:

PS5 Controller PlayStation 5 Concept Designs by Julien Kervarrec.jpg

PS5 Controller PlayStation 5 Concept Designs by Julien Kervarrec 2.jpg

PS5 Controller PlayStation 5 Concept Designs by Julien Kervarrec 3.jpg

PS5 Controller PlayStation 5 Concept Designs by Julien Kervarrec 4.jpg

PS5 Controller PlayStation 5 Concept Designs by Julien Kervarrec 5.jpg

PS5 Controller PlayStation 5 Concept Designs by Julien Kervarrec 6.jpg

PS5 Controller PlayStation 5 Concept Designs by Julien Kervarrec 7.jpg

Comments

Can't wait for the PS5, and from what Wedbush Securities analyst Michael Pachter says on his 'Pachter Factor' show it will be under $500 :D

Sorry to tell you but this controllers are awful. And VR is suppose to be smaller and better than today. It still looks almost like modern VR PS4.

Anyway, PS5 wont happen until about 2021 or 2022.

I like that the controller can be splitted for VR, etc. But I can see two issues: it's not a good design that there are 3 separate parts, it could be the same with only 2 "move" controls and a single cut.

Also, the wristband is on the wrong side, so when you handled them you have the action buttons on the left hand. Maybe this could be solved by unifying the buttons and d-pad with the same "ambidextrous" design, but you loose the classic input keys.

The ps4 controller was a huge improvement over ps3. Ps3 was too small for normal size hands and caused cramps.

I cant help but see the nintendo switch in these concepts. All the ps5 needs is small improvements to ergonomics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back