Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS5 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date May 14, 2021 at 12:04 AM       16      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Slated for debut next month on June 11th, Sony is introducing two new PS5 DualSense Wireless Controller colors to the PS5Scene in Midnight Black and Cosmic Red with an official reveal PlayStation 5 trailer video and further details below! 🎮

Pre-orders are now available for the Midnight Black DualSense Wireless Controller at $69.99 and the Cosmic Red DualSense Wireless Controller at $74.99 each, and to quote from Sony Peripherals Marketing and Licensing Senior Director Isabelle Tomatis on the full scoop:

Today, we’re thrilled to introduce two new colors that will be joining the DualSense controller lineup starting next month: Midnight Black and Cosmic Red.

Midnight Black features two subtly different shades of black with light grey detailing to reflect how we view space through the night sky, and Cosmic Red offers a striking black and red design inspired by the unique vivid shades of red found throughout the cosmos.

This new lineup of colors will be available at participating retailers globally starting next month. The exact date will vary by location, so check your local retailers for availability. Click here for more information about the new colors.

The DualSense controller marked a radical departure from our previous controllers by delivering innovative features like haptic feedback and adaptive triggers (available in games that support these features). The features weren’t the only noticeable transformation – the bold, two-toned color choice was also a significant pivot from our previous controllers.

As this marks the first release of new colors for the DualSense controller, we asked Leo Cardoso and Satoshi Aoyagi from our design team to share some additional insights about the color choice and selection process:
  • “Our goal is to always find designs that will surprise and entice our fans, and these new colors are the result of an extensive selection process. We wanted the new controller colors to complement each other, as well as the original DualSense wireless controller and PS5 console, so we designed the colors around the theme of ‘galaxy’ as it felt like a natural progression from the original PS5 and accessories designs.”Leo Cardoso

• “Both Midnight Black and Cosmic Red feature a subtle blue hue, that produces unique shades of red and black. A blue hue is also present in the original DualSense wireless controller colors, so all three colors complement each other nicely. The controller’s button colors and detailing has been tailored to complement the new colors as well. We hope these new additions will bring further joy and excitement to our fans’ gaming experience.”Satoshi Aoyagi
:arrow: And from the DualSense Wireless Controller product description page, to quote:

Discover a deeper, highly immersive gaming experience that brings the action to life in the palms of your hands.
  • Haptic feedback - Feel physically responsive feedback to your in-game actions
  • Adaptive triggers - Experience varying levels of force and tension as you interact with your in-game gear and environments.
  • Built-in microphone and headset jack - Chat with friends online using the built-in microphone – or by connecting a headset to the 3.5mm jack.
Key DualSense Wireless Controller Features

Heighten Your Senses

Bring gaming worlds to life
  • Feel your in-game actions and environment simulated through haptic feedback.
  • Experience varying force and tension at your fingertips with adaptive triggers.
Find your voice, share your passion
  • Chat online through the built-in microphone.
  • Connect a headset directly via the 3.5mm jack.
  • Switch voice capture on and off using the dedicated mute button.
  • Record and broadcast your epic gaming moments with the create button.
A gaming icon in your hands
  • Enjoy a comfortable, evolved design with an iconic layout and enhanced sticks.
  • Charge and play with a built-in battery and USB Type-C.
  • Intuitively interact with select games using the integrated motion sensor.
  • Hear higher-fidelity sound effects through the built-in speaker in supported games.
DualSense Cosmic Red & Midnight Black Reveal PS5 Trailer
PS5 DualSense Midnight Black and Cosmic Red Wireless Controllers Incoming.jpg

Comments

Hilarious to me that Sony releasing new colors and already talking of hardware revision when nobody can get a PS5, lol. They just aren't being made for reasons out of their control.

I said before MS and then they announced that they both should have held off a year and now I firmly believe that they should just make a slight revision and essentially have a second launch. That or hold stock and have a massive dump, FROM THEIR WEBSITE, with anti-bot procedures in place.

This scenario where literally 10 (or less) consoles are reaching stores is insane and I'm surprised they keep doing it rather than hold supply for a few months and then do the above to let gamers get their hands on one.

I say this as someone that has no desire to own one anytime soon, btw! It just seems crazy to me to keep letting scalpers grab the few that release via scripts and still sell them for $800+ online. Who cares about a new color of controller when nobody has the console? Haha

Maybe they are not planning on running a large production of the red ones. That would make sense on why they would be a bit more than the other ones it would cost more to make a smaller amount.

@jwooh i just asked the exact same thing hahahah not that im complaining cuz i want the black one but lets be real. In 2 seconds this controller will be black 349$, red 549$ lol

I just need the midnight console too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back