Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alongside today's PS5 2.25 System Software update, the PS5 WebKit OSS and PS5 Browser Hidden Backdoor recently PlayStation 5 Scene developers @pearlxcore (Twitter) and @SilicaAndPina (Twitter) made available a PS5 Firmware Checker to check for the latest PlayStation 5 PUP update files automatically downloaded to SilicaGames.ml and a PS5FWBot to tweet when new updates are released. 🐦

Download: PS5.Firmware.Checker.zip (includes PS5 Firmware Checker.exe) / PS5_Firmware_Checker.exe (516.5 KB - Mirror) / GIT

From the README.md: PS5-Firmware-Checker

Check and download the latest PS5 system firmware. Credit to Siliccan for updatelist.xml.

:idea: It would be awesome if whenever the official PS5 System Software changelog page (similar to THIS one for PS4) is discovered the PS5 Firmware Changelogs could also be incorporated in the update checkers for each revision in addition to the PS5 Firmware Version, Label, DevKit Version, Size and SHA256 Checksum. 🤩

If you get generic "Something Went Wrong" errors CE-107863-5, or E2-00000000 on your PS5, this thread explains what they are and how to fix or avoid them.
PS5 Firmware Checker for PlayStation 5 Updates and PS5FWBot Arrives!.png

Comments

@mukasange , nah there is no ps5 jailbreak you have to wait a long time in 2060 I think 😅

We have kernel exploit for ps4 7.02 and there is no one making web exploit so how did they jailbreak ps5 if they can't jailbreak ps4

I’m just curious why there is a update checker? I mean if I dont want to update then I don’t. Sony is usually pretty good at telling me when there is a update lol. Does the ps5 automatically update on its own?

In another thread I see not updating is recommended and the whole back door I can see why not too. But a update checker doesn’t make sense to me. Don’t get me wrong I appreciate anything the devs do especially pearlxcore.

are there goodies in the update files for the devs?

most of the hacker are not condone with backups so making Linux for ps5 is a challenge to hackers it will give us alternative to play steam or emulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back