Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS5 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date May 7, 2021 at 12:16 PM       13      
Status
Not open for further replies.
In PS5 News according to a recent DigiTimes Taiwanese business report, production of Sony's PlayStation 5 Console hardware redesign is expected to begin between the second and third quarters of 2022 based on industry supplier data including IC Foundry TSMC. 🎮

While this may finally allow those seeking to join the PS5 Scene to obtain a PlayStation 5 Console or Digital Edition without PS5 Scalpers buying them all up despite costly parts shortages, PS5 Game iSO Dumps including Resident.Evil.Village.PS5.iNTERNAL-PS5B (37.2 GB) are currently unplayable with no public PS5 Jailbreak on the horizon yet.

To quote from VideoGamesChronicle.com on this PS5 Redesign report:

"As noted by Kantan Games analyst Dr. Serkan Toto, DigiTimes’ supply chain sources say the redesigned PS5 will come with a “new semi-customized” 6nm CPU from AMD.

It’s likely the redesign is purely components-focused and won’t feature any significant external changes."
:arrow: Update: According to further details from the Tweets below, the new PS5 revision's model number will be CFI-1115A proceeding the previous CFI-1015A launch PS5 model listing.
PS5 Redesign Slated for 2022 with 6nm AMD CPU According to Reports.jpg

Comments

Sony has four generations of consoles that became smaller during their lifecycle. It's hard to imagine that the current shape will remain as it is until the ps6 is released.

• PS4 slim used 16nm whilst PS4 phat used 28nm.
  • PS3 slim used 45nm whilst PS3 phat used 90nm.
  • PS2 slim used 180nm whilst PS2 phat used 250nm.
So yeah nothing surprising here as Sony has been reducing the size of their CPU nodes with the launch of each slim version of their console (excluding PS1)

I'm just pointing that out for people who might think it's because of a problem in the current PS5 CPU. It's probably not going to significantly affect performance either

First generation of PS5 is way better than this next redesign. I am happy with my first generation because it is going to be rare system. No thanks, Sony. I am fine with mine. :)

Been waiting for this since day 0 anyways. First, I'm not about to pay idiotic scalper prices for anything. I don't suffer from FOMO.

Second, there is nothing on PS5 that makes me even remotely desperate to get one. Not Returnal..... not Demons' Souls. Nothing.

I've been fine without PS5, and I'll be fine until the inevitable slim comes out. Hopefully many others are in the same boat. You're not missing a single thing without a PS5.

Both Sony & Microsoft new well in advance that devs weren't going to be able to release PS5 games last year & maybe the very end of this year. On top of that limited console availability last year & this year all do to the pandemic.

Should have built up supply last year & released holiday 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back