Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS5 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jan 5, 2020 at 10:33 PM       13      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the early Patent Findings, PS4 Support Confirmation and Potential Limitations recently HopHopGamer shared a Video Report suggesting rumors of a PS5 Remastering Engine that may be utilized for enhanced backwards compatibility of PS1, PS2, PS3 and PS4 titles on Sony's upcoming next-generation PS5 Console. šŸ˜

To quote from ComicBook.com on the report's details: "According to HipHopGamer, Sony is working on a "Remastering Engine" for the PS5, which will allow PS1, PS2, PS3, and PS4 titles to run on the console with various enhancements.

According to the report, the feature will work similarly to how the Xbox One X handles backwards compatibility. In other words, the PS5 won't just run these older games, but add to them with things like 4K support."

While some speculate a glimpse of PlayStation 5 may surface at CES 2020 which runs from January 7-10th, a more likely scenario may be during PlayStation Meeting purported to take place on February 12th, 2020.

PlayStation 5: Remastering Engine For PS1 - PS4 Titles. Backwards Compatibility Enhanced
PS5 Remastering Engine Rumored for Enhanced Backwards Compatibility.jpg

Comments

@BaikalLakiab
For sure I'm not... But from my perspective my scenario is not that improbable.

If backward compatibility is available AND any jailbreak appears (which for sure will be the most critical thing), then I expect also that all PS4 games on market will be playable in that moment, so PS4 Jailbreak status becomes obsolete...

And my first reaction on your statement was only caused by the fact that your content had no relationship to my first post...

Yeah but honestly like they would have to be idiots to not prepare for that šŸ¤” well lol. Put it this way. If that were to work someone is getting fired!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back