Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS5 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Jan 5, 2020 at 10:33 PM       13      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the early Patent Findings, PS4 Support Confirmation and Potential Limitations recently HopHopGamer shared a Video Report suggesting rumors of a PS5 Remastering Engine that may be utilized for enhanced backwards compatibility of PS1, PS2, PS3 and PS4 titles on Sony's upcoming next-generation PS5 Console. šŸ˜

To quote from ComicBook.com on the report's details: "According to HipHopGamer, Sony is working on a "Remastering Engine" for the PS5, which will allow PS1, PS2, PS3, and PS4 titles to run on the console with various enhancements.

According to the report, the feature will work similarly to how the Xbox One X handles backwards compatibility. In other words, the PS5 won't just run these older games, but add to them with things like 4K support."

While some speculate a glimpse of PlayStation 5 may surface at CES 2020 which runs from January 7-10th, a more likely scenario may be during PlayStation Meeting purported to take place on February 12th, 2020.

PlayStation 5: Remastering Engine For PS1 - PS4 Titles. Backwards Compatibility Enhanced
PS5 Remastering Engine Rumored for Enhanced Backwards Compatibility.jpg

Comments

@bajolzas,
What are you talking about ? They are talking about PS5 backward compatibility games such as PS4 games.. Possibly PS1-PS3.. Thats about it. PSP and Vita are not disc games. SMH.

A good reason to buy a PS5 at release... I think there is a big chance to play more or less every PS4 game in case of first kexploit for PS5 is available. (like 1.76 at PS4 in the past)

There no kex for ps4 sooo what you talking about?? If someone tell me what happened with ps4 scene I will believe that the ps5 scene will be created at all

@BaikalLakiab :
First, read my comment once again.
Second, try to understand my comment.
Third, then feel free to answer, otherwise shut your...

Now I'm in better mood with more patience to answer in detail.

So, my idea:
If the PS5 is able to play PS 1, 2, 3 and 4 games, then I expect that 100% of available PS4 will be payable on PS5 at its release.

Means with very first kexploit, jailbreak or whatever of PS5, also all PS4 games (pkg files) should be playable on your exploited PS5 (all PS4 games on e.g. Jailbroken PS5 with firmware 1.xx).

Therfore I said it's a good idea to have a PS5 with release to have this opportunity, because if this scenario becomes true, then nobody cares about kexploit of PS4 firmware >5.05 any more ;)

Well you always have more hope with a launch system but gosh i just donā€™t see hacking the ps5 being possible.

I think the switch has been a surprising mistake in terms of their security at the hardware level and that was more nvidia. But i think this generation will be similar to xbox one which as we can see other than dev mode (which they gave us) is still not hacked.

I do not feel this will lead to entry points and feel the ps5 will be very secure. It is very sad and sobering. Soon i feel all content will be digital and they will get away from physical media entirely and just shove drm digital solutions down our throats. Just my comment on hacks...

In terms of a system i love what they are proposing and would happily pay for such abilities as a gamer...

@seanp2500
Agree, of course nobody knows future of console hacking. But at least PS5 will have a physical drive, so the system is not only focused on streaming...

But anyhow, IF there will be a PS5 hack in the future, then it might brings us a playstation which will be able to play all games from PS1 up to PS5...

So therefore, depending on the price, I guess I can't resist and will buy one after release

Just rumors. Sony confirmed backwards compatibility with PS4 games. Maybe also PS1 & PS2 games. With PS3 I think its not happening (too difficult CPU architecture to emulate), but... who knows?

Most of PS3 games now runs well on RPCS3, so... If PS5 will be full backward compatible with PS1+2+3+4 - definitely will buy it (maybe "KEX Edition", he-he)!

Especially if hardware will be no slower, then mine current PC (Ryzen 3600 + 16GB DDR4 3800MHz + SSD + Powercolor Red Devil RX5700). Definetely PS5 must achieve 60+ FPS FHD (maybe even 90+ in come PS5 Pro versions) for comfortable gameplay! SSD instead of HDD also confirmed, but the price?

Afraid that prices will be something like PS3 start prices, aftrer that cheaper slim, and more powerful Pro Editions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back