Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS5 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Dec 1, 2021 at 4:30 AM       20      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the previous update, 4.03 PS5 WebKit Exploit, PlayStation 5 Root Keys and AMD Server Vulnerabilities disclosed today Sony pushed live PS5 System Software / Firmware v4.50 Update (Version 21.02-04.50.00) in hopes of keeping the PS5 console stable and secure. :sneaky:

:alert: As always, DON'T UPDATE if you wish to use PS5 Game Backups and PlayStation 5 homebrew apps, emulators, etc whenever a public PS5 Jailbreak Exploit (PS5Jailbreak Status) arrives in the PS5Scene.

Download: PS5 Firmware 04.50.00 Update (US) / PS5 Firmware 04.50.00 Update (EU) / PS5 Firmware 04.50.00 Update (UK) / PS5 Firmware 04.50.00 Update (AU/NZ) / PS5 Firmware 04.50.00 Update (JP)

@NanospeedGamer confirmed on Twitter via a demo video from his YouTube Channel that the current FontFaceSet PS4 / PS5 WebKit (Userland) Exploit is still working on both PS4 9.03 OFW and PS5 4.50 OFW alongside stretch30 as well with a guide on How to Update the PlayStation 5 System Software / Firmware for those willing, and below is the PS5 v4.50 Firmware Update changelog from Sony's official page:

Version: 21.02-04.50.00

Main features in this system software update:
  • This system software update improves system performance.
Testing Full Webkit On PS4 9.03 Update And PS5 4.50 Update via stretch30
PS5 System Software Firmware v4.50 Live, Don't Update!.jpg

Comments

I still can't understand why they based the PS5 around the PS4... the PS4 is getting more and more hacked as the days go on! to me it's like them building the PS4 around the PS3... it would of been a huge mistake.

Yes the PS3 was MUCH easier, but devs have shown Sony the PS4 is not very secure, harder than PS3 yes... but its still open for devs.

@Doyle444
It's nearly impossible for $ony to change the Core OS they use which is (FreeBSD), because that mean a long new journey for devs to learn and use the new OS and tools, which means a lot of money for $ony to pay for studios and devs, also if $ony made new OS from scratch, then they have to check all security weakness and vulnerabilities in their new OS by themselves, it's better for them to rely on experience third party for stuff related to security.

Most of the time the vulnerabilities are found in things $ony don't have control on it, like IP4/IP6 protocol and browser webkit, which is part of FreeBSD OS.

Hello i have two playstation 5 consoles, and can anyone please tell me what console has the newest system software?
  • Digital version: 21.01-03.20.00.04-00.00.00.01
  • Disc version: 21.01-03.21.00.00-00.00.00.01

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back