Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS5 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Dec 1, 2021 at 4:30 AM       20      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the previous update, 4.03 PS5 WebKit Exploit, PlayStation 5 Root Keys and AMD Server Vulnerabilities disclosed today Sony pushed live PS5 System Software / Firmware v4.50 Update (Version 21.02-04.50.00) in hopes of keeping the PS5 console stable and secure. :sneaky:

:alert: As always, DON'T UPDATE if you wish to use PS5 Game Backups and PlayStation 5 homebrew apps, emulators, etc whenever a public PS5 Jailbreak Exploit (PS5Jailbreak Status) arrives in the PS5Scene.

Download: PS5 Firmware 04.50.00 Update (US) / PS5 Firmware 04.50.00 Update (EU) / PS5 Firmware 04.50.00 Update (UK) / PS5 Firmware 04.50.00 Update (AU/NZ) / PS5 Firmware 04.50.00 Update (JP)

@NanospeedGamer confirmed on Twitter via a demo video from his YouTube Channel that the current FontFaceSet PS4 / PS5 WebKit (Userland) Exploit is still working on both PS4 9.03 OFW and PS5 4.50 OFW alongside stretch30 as well with a guide on How to Update the PlayStation 5 System Software / Firmware for those willing, and below is the PS5 v4.50 Firmware Update changelog from Sony's official page:

Version: 21.02-04.50.00

Main features in this system software update:
  • This system software update improves system performance.
Testing Full Webkit On PS4 9.03 Update And PS5 4.50 Update via stretch30
PS5 System Software Firmware v4.50 Live, Don't Update!.jpg

Comments

My digital version was supplied by Amazon Uk. Delivered Christmas Eve.
And has the system software version
21.01-03.20.00.04-00.00.00.01

I haven't checked the firmware version on my PS5 yet. All I did was go through setup and left the internet alone. I recently opened a new God of War special edition PS4, so I'm close to a decade behind in gaming. Seeing the price of a Geforce RTX 3080/3090, I don't mind. I spent $1600 retail for a 2080 Ti almost 3 years ago, and now it's 2000+.

I downloaded PS5 4.00 because of the SSD options, but the posts for the exploit name 4.03. I see everywhere to not update, but I think I'll need to be on 4.00. I'm waiting for now, but has anyone else upgraded to 4.00 or 4.03?

I’ve been playing online again on 4.03, you just click on the update later gray tabs on the left, rotating between the ps now and ps plus icons/app screens.

You need to do it fast so it displays an error window, then I start adding in sign-in from the accounts settings menu until I see the error window there. Then you shut it down again clicking update later and when I turn it back on with auto-sign in I get online and it stays.

Could you be more specific please ? I'm on 4.03, sometimes I could login on my psn account, but that won't work anymore :(

I can get the error message, but it won't connect after shutting down !

Now it works without having to shutdown for me, but if I do restart it up I just go right back to ps+ and click update later, circle to go back, over to ps now hit update later, back to ps plus, repeat and it will cause a lag then come up with a secure your account page.

This seems to be where the bug is cause instead of loading or letting you click anything it switches to the ps now page on its own and loads up all the titles. Something about rapidly switching between the 2 icons and pressing the left gray tabs causes it.

Those who got older firmwares, were you able to log in to PSN without updating? Have my order coming this week, hoping it's 4.03, but want to download some PS4 games through the rest mode workaround that @jose gozalez posted (they were already logged in before the update though)

@gaugeisgod were you able to activate offline play using this method? I keep spamming the Enable and don't update, but it never enables.

Was able to update to 4.03, access PSN and download the games, but keep getting errors when launching. Tried restoring licenses (successfully) and left console in rest mode overnight, but still get an error when trying to open it.

I do notice that every time I wake from rest mode, I get an error that my network is not connected, wonder if it drops the network in rest mode vs at wake

Does anyone know if games on disk can be updated without connecting to PSN? Ordered a few games that have pretty big day 1 updates (Rift Apart, Tsushima, Miles Morales), but looks like PSN loophole was fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back