Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS5 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Apr 13, 2022 at 8:07 AM       8      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alongside Sony's PS4 9.51 Firmware Update and proceeding the previous PS5 OFW revision with recent PlayStation 5 Game Trailers, today PS5 System Software / Firmware 5.02 (22.01-05.02.00) was also pushed live with the official changes below. :unsure:

:alert: As always, DON'T UPDATE if you wish to use PS5 Game Backups and PlayStation 5 homebrew apps, emulators, etc whenever a public PS5 Jailbreak Exploit (PS5Jailbreak Status) arrives in the PS5Scene.

Download: PS5 Firmware 05.02.00 Update (US) / PS5 Firmware 05.02.00 Update (EU) / PS5 Firmware 05.02.00 Update (UK) / PS5 Firmware 05.02.00 Update (AU/NZ) / PS5 Firmware 05.02.00 Update (JP)

:arrow: Related articles:
Here's the PS5 v5.02 Firmware Update changelog from Sony's official page:

Version: 22.01-05.02.00
  • This system software update improves system performance.
Cheers to @DEFAULTDNB on Twitter for the heads-up and sharing the screenshot below earlier! 🍻
PS5 System Software Firmware 5.02 (22.01-05.02.00) Live, Don't Update!.jpg

Comments

why always say dont update :D i mean i wont update my digital version but i'll update my disc version so say dont update if you're considering jailbreaking i guess

thank you very much <3

Ever since Sony Removed OtherOS for PS3 Linux users, scene sites (like us) typically remind everyone not to update... staying as low as possible is also advised by many developers, and in covering PlayStation hacking news for many years it's consistently been the safest bet. ;)

@spotanjo3
Stick to it, looks like flow either jailbreak ps4 9.50 or ps5 5.00. That's why $ony desperately updated both consoles.
theflow0 did it again, another 10k awarded by $ony, that's the reason.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back