Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS5 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Nov 25, 2020 at 5:48 AM       33      
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last week Sony released PS5 Firmware Update v2.25, and today they just put live PS5 System Software / Firmware v2.26 complete with the official PlayStation 5 Firmware changelog below. :fire:

This PS5 News comes following both the PS5FWBot and PS5 Firmware Checker, the latter of which was also updated today to include a PS5 System Software build date and download URL for added convenience.

:alert: As always, DON'T UPDATE if you wish to use PS5 game backups and PlayStation 5 homebrew apps, emulators, etc whenever a PS5 Jailbreak Exploit arrives in the PlayStation 5 Scene.

Download: PS5 Firmware 02.26.00.00 Update (US) / PS5 Firmware 02.26.00.00 Update (EU) / PS5 Firmware 02.26.00.00 Update (UK) / PS5 Firmware 02.26.00.00 Update (AU/NZ) / PS5 Firmware 02.26.00.00 Update (JP)

Those experiencing any of the issues noted in the changelog below that plan to update can follow the How to Update the PlayStation 5 System Software / Firmware guide, and below is the PS5 Firmware / System Software 2.26 Update changelog from Sony's official page:

PS5 system software update

An update to the system software for PlayStation 5 consoles was released on 11/25/2020.

For the best PlayStation experience, always update your PS5 console to the latest version of the system software. By updating, you can enjoy additional features, improved usability and enhanced security.

PS5 system software features

Update your PS5 console with the latest system software. You can also check out the features that are available in the update here. In addition, you can view the online user’s guide in the PS5 console's Settings menu.

Version 20.02-02.26.00
  • This system software update improves system performance.

• An issue where installed disc versions of games were sometimes deleted was resolved.

• An issue that prevented the PS5 wireless controller from being charged while in rest mode when connected to the PS5's front side USB Type-A port using the USB cable included with some PS5 consoles was resolved.
PS5 System Software  Firmware v2.26 is Now Live, Don't Update!.jpg

Comments

@KuroiTsuki no I am not, I bought 4 games discs:

1- Assassins Creed
2- Call of duty Black Ops CA( gave it to my cousin because of the online requirement))
3- Spiderman MM
4- Demon's Souls

Playing those 3 left offline on version 1.14, no online and not multiplayer here. As I said I do have ps4, pc, switch and I am not in a rush and I can wait a bit longer.
Thank You!!!

you've missed the fun @blimblim04 just update it, if the jailbreak come out you can buy hackable version of the console through online market and of course don't expect to buy sealed one, it will be rare

or you can order a new ps5 to stay updated and keep your current ps5 on the shelf, but i doubt the jailbreak comes sooner, i'd guess it will took 3-5 more years to make it exploitable and release it to public

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back