Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS5 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Feb 3, 2021 at 10:19 AM       25      
Status
Not open for further replies.
In PS5Scene news today following their previous revision Sony pushed live PS5 System Software / Firmware v2.50, specifically Version 20.02-02.50.00 with the official changelog outlined below. 🤩

:alert: As always DON'T UPDATE if you wish to use PS5 Game Backups and PlayStation 5 homebrew apps, emulators, etc whenever a PS5 Jailbreak Exploit arrives.

Download: PS5 Firmware 02.50.00 Update (US) / PS5 Firmware 02.50.00 Update (EU) / PS5 Firmware 02.50.00 Update (UK) / PS5 Firmware 02.50.00 Update (AU/NZ) / PS5 Firmware 02.50.00 Update (JP)

Here's a guide on How to Update the PlayStation 5 System Software / Firmware, and to quote from Sony's official page on the changes PS5 Firmware / System Software 2.50 Update brings:

Version 20.02-02.50.00
  • This system software update improves system performance.
  • In rare cases, the PS4 version of a game would install from the disc after you upgraded to and installed the PS5 version. Now, when you insert the PS4 game disc, the PS4 version won't install unexpectedly.
  • You can now select and edit video clips using Share Factory Studio from your media gallery.
Cheers to spotanjo3 for the heads-up of this PlayStation 5 Scene news earlier on! 🍻
PS5 System Software  Firmware v2.50 is Now Live, Don't Update!.jpg

Comments

I just got my ps5 last night, updated, added ps plus, downloaded all kinds of s#!+, but I wont update agan. Will be happy with what I got #ps5wifidisabled

@KuroiTsuki - wait, you're a moderator here? Look I'm not trying to be a douche, but there's no way I can let these things slide.

Hmmm somebody should have told team libretro this and told this to ALL of the people who like and or use emulators and have installed them on everything from watches to a pregnancy test! ... and yes, somebody put a playable version of DOOM on a pregnancy test.

Whenever a console gets hacked, we almost immediately start seeing emulation of old systems, now I wonder why that could be?? Oh yeah, its because REAL gamers can appreciate games regardless of age or platform.

Of course corporations like nintendo, sony, microsoft don't want this because they want you to buy the newest shiny thing and to believe its existence to be better than anything previous because in the case of tech, the previous stuff doesn't bring in the big shiny new dollars. They want you to believe this and promote it for them which is what you did.

I don't have a ps5, will get one eventually, it's not like the games are going to disappear into an infinite abyss. I'll be able to play them YEARS and YEARS from now. In the mean time I can play that good to great game that I didn't get to play on ps4, ps3, ps2, mame, snes, genesis, neo geo... you get the point. So in reality, who's really missing out?

@Zoilus to each their own, eh? You wanna play old games from an old console using some emulator? Well, be my guest.

My opinion remains the same, you (not you personally) got a ps5 which is gather dust in some closet? Yes, you're missing out. Perhaps, once you get your ps5, you'll understand why I said what I said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back