Join Us and become a Member for a Verified Badge to access private areas with the latest PS4 PKGs.
PS5 News       Thread starter PSXHAX       Start date Feb 3, 2021 at 10:19 AM       25      
Status
Not open for further replies.
In PS5Scene news today following their previous revision Sony pushed live PS5 System Software / Firmware v2.50, specifically Version 20.02-02.50.00 with the official changelog outlined below. 🤩

:alert: As always DON'T UPDATE if you wish to use PS5 Game Backups and PlayStation 5 homebrew apps, emulators, etc whenever a PS5 Jailbreak Exploit arrives.

Download: PS5 Firmware 02.50.00 Update (US) / PS5 Firmware 02.50.00 Update (EU) / PS5 Firmware 02.50.00 Update (UK) / PS5 Firmware 02.50.00 Update (AU/NZ) / PS5 Firmware 02.50.00 Update (JP)

Here's a guide on How to Update the PlayStation 5 System Software / Firmware, and to quote from Sony's official page on the changes PS5 Firmware / System Software 2.50 Update brings:

Version 20.02-02.50.00
  • This system software update improves system performance.
  • In rare cases, the PS4 version of a game would install from the disc after you upgraded to and installed the PS5 version. Now, when you insert the PS4 game disc, the PS4 version won't install unexpectedly.
  • You can now select and edit video clips using Share Factory Studio from your media gallery.
Cheers to spotanjo3 for the heads-up of this PlayStation 5 Scene news earlier on! 🍻
PS5 System Software  Firmware v2.50 is Now Live, Don't Update!.jpg

Comments

100% agree with @KuroiTsuki. the ps4 was a good console back in the day, by the PS5 is a bigger a & smarter beast, even the graphics on my ps4 looks so outdated now with gameplay feeling dismal. PS4 has been donated to a less well off family now as they dont even have hdtv, so it'll suit them fine.

I bought a PS3 years ago, witch forced me to get a flatscreen tv (my old fatscreen tv could only manage 1366x768). That package set me back some 1200 euro. The PS4 doesnt really up the ante that much in terms of screen requirements.

But the PS5 encourages a new TV purchase in order to support 4k+ resolutions, HDR and whatnot, making the PS5 by far the most expensive package to date, some 600 euro for the console alone and another 1000 euros minimum for the tv.. On top of it all, one would need a playstation plus subscribtion in order to play online, even if you bought the game.

So i'll be staying away from the PS5 system unless i would happen to stumble over one for free.. :) And then i would probably just shove it into a wardrobe until they release a PS5 CFW.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back